Top 10 Preseason Polls
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Top 10 Preseason Polls
My guess is...
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M
4) Stanford
5) Ohio State
6) Florida State
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M
4) Stanford
5) Ohio State
6) Florida State
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
Last edited by Bud Lee on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
I decided I had A&M too low and Ohio too high so I adjusted but I don't see them jumping y'all. I would be shocked. If both of the tackles come back A&M is going to win the conference and be in the national title game next year.karlhungis wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
-
squintsdd
- Senior
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
1-BamaBud Lee wrote:My guess is...
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida
Notre Dame loses their top defensive player to graduation, and they got explosed in the NCG. I had to drop them out for them preseason top 10
Florida State loses their EJ Manuel, who was responsible for 27 TD's last season. They gotta find someone to replace him, and the guy with the most experience is Clint Trickett, wjo I think is servicable, but not nearly as good as Manuel. I had to drop them from the top 10
Last edited by squintsdd on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
bellsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3819
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
- GM: Utah Jazz
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
I like your new top 10. I'm with you on Texas A&M. I do think they lose too much to this years draft but will still get a lot of votes. Plus Notre Dame love is always worth a few extra spots. Here's mine.Bud Lee wrote:I decided I had A&M too low and Ohio too high so I adjusted but I don't see them jumping y'all. I would be shocked. If both of the tackles come back A&M is going to win the conference and be in the national title game next year.karlhungis wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Florida State
5) Notre Dame
6) Stanford
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Texas A&M
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
Louisville at 9th shocks me considering they finished 13th this year and play in Big East. Not saying I don't see happening, they do have Bridgewater coming back after all, but it would surprise me though. They are still in the Big East until 2014 right? They should have no problem winning that conference again.squintsdd wrote: 1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida
-
squintsdd
- Senior
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
All their top skill guys come back, I'm pretty sure nobody is declaring early, and they don't lose much to graduation. Given that I couldn't keep them out of the top 10, and they also finished the season with a win over FloridaBud Lee wrote:Louisville at 9th shocks me considering they finished 13th this year and play in Big East. Not saying I don't see happening, they do have Bridgewater coming back after all, but it would surprise me though. They are still in the Big East until 2014 right? They should have no problem winning that conference again.squintsdd wrote: 1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
Texas, Florida St and Florida all will be in the preseason top 10. It's tradition. Might as well throw Oklahoma in there too
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
A&M: Johnny football coming back + only team to beat Bama + in the SEC = PRE-SEASON HYPE OVERLOAD
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- Boom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5776
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 pm
- GM: Houston Rockets
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
Don't forget about USC!lukeyrid13 wrote:Texas, Florida St and Florida all will be in the preseason top 10. It's tradition. Might as well throw Oklahoma in there too
- QuackininBama
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5664
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 am
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
That looks pretty good with a couple minor changes:Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M
4) Stanford
5) Ohio State
6) Florida State
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
1) Bama
2) Texas A&M
3) Ohio State
4) Oregon
5) Notre Dame
6) Stanford
7) Georgia
8) Florida
9) South Carolina
10)Clemson
- Elduderino
- Senior
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
- Location: CA
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
This is an interesting exercise for the offseason...
1.) Bama
2.) Oregon
3.) tOSU
4.) aTm
5.) Stanford
6.) Georgia
7.) So. Carolina
8.) Louisville
9.) Clemson
10.) Notre Dame/FSU
I think there is a clear top 3 and then a few teams that are very similar in terms of caliber of the team. I think of A&M and Stanford that way, and Notre Dame-FSU as well.
IMO the easiest paths to the BCS title game belong to Louisville and tOSU. Louiville bought themselves some credibility in their boat-race of Florida, and as Bud notes, I don't see a legit BE challenger to them. As for tOSU, they too do not have a clear cut B1G challenger; plus Braxton Miller is going to be nasty next year. Going into Cal can get tricky though, as we all know too well.
Already looking forward to the Spring Game.
1.) Bama
2.) Oregon
3.) tOSU
4.) aTm
5.) Stanford
6.) Georgia
7.) So. Carolina
8.) Louisville
9.) Clemson
10.) Notre Dame/FSU
I think there is a clear top 3 and then a few teams that are very similar in terms of caliber of the team. I think of A&M and Stanford that way, and Notre Dame-FSU as well.
IMO the easiest paths to the BCS title game belong to Louisville and tOSU. Louiville bought themselves some credibility in their boat-race of Florida, and as Bud notes, I don't see a legit BE challenger to them. As for tOSU, they too do not have a clear cut B1G challenger; plus Braxton Miller is going to be nasty next year. Going into Cal can get tricky though, as we all know too well.
Already looking forward to the Spring Game.
Last edited by Elduderino on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA: CAgrown
- AutzenMember
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
- Location: Hockinson, WA
-
squintsdd
- Senior
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
Wow. With the exception of a couple of teams in different spots, Schlabach and I pretty much agree
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls
13th is right where I would have LSU