wins rookie of the year, becoming only fourth guy to unanimously win it. I don't get how some people on oregonlive say hes overrated and won't do anything for the blazers, nice to see as the first headline on espn.com, Blazers' Lillard unanimous ROY, he's going to be a stud.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:34 pm
by Duck07
thomas time wrote:wins rookie of the year, becoming only fourth guy to unanimously win it. I don't get how some people on oregonlive say hes overrated and won't do anything for the blazers, nice to see as the first headline on espn.com, Blazers' Lillard unanimous ROY, he's going to be a stud.
Its oregonlive.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:36 pm
by oregontrack
haha you guys remember when roy finished one vote shy of a unanimous win in 2007 because a toronto beat writer voted for bargnani?
canadians. tsk, tsk.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 pm
by UOducksTK1
Haters, congrats to Lillard. Much deserved.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:04 am
by thomas time
Ya I remember the Toronto guy giving Bargnani, I was expecting N.O. to give Anthony one. I think CP got all but one that Deron got in 05 or 06.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 am
by Duck07
thomas time wrote:Ya I remember the Toronto guy giving Bargnani, I was expecting N.O. to give Anthony one. I think CP got all but one that Deron got in 05 or 06.
I heard Monty talk about ROY a few weeks before the season ended and he was a Dame fan so if the coach is advocating for another guy, the writer must have conceded.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:25 pm
by Duck07
Re: Lilard
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 pm
by UOducksTK1
Duck07 wrote:
Wow well made vid. Lillard is certainly special.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:12 pm
by oregontrack
The Rookie of the Year trophy rested beside him, the product of a pretty jump shot, great court vision, steely poise, and an uncanny ability to finish at the rim. But his true greatness was revealed once the subject turned to his one weakness - defense.
His smile faded, his eyes narrowed and his words became more firm.
“When people say stuff about my defense, it bothers me,’’ Lillard said. “And I’m aware of it. It drives me. It lights a fire under me.’’
If that attitude and drive doesn’t convince Trail Blazers fans that the franchise is in good hands, maybe this will: The wheels are already in motion for Lillard to workout and study defense this summer under the tutelage of the greatest defensive point guard ever, Hall of Famer Gary Payton.
love it.
Re: Lilard
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:47 pm
by MontanaDuck
Lillard is a stud. I really enjoyed watching him play in the Big Sky Conference the last several years... & I enjoyed watching the Griz beat Weber even more.