Winterhawks
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Winterhawks
Won the WHL championship and now play for the memorial cup. Third year in a row they played in the WHL finals, but lost the last two years. Great year for the team, especially with the league suspending their head coach for most of the season.
-
303DucksFan
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 698
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm
- Location: Rocky Mountains
Re: Winterhawks
Seth Jooooooooooooooones! Sorry... as a die hard Avs fan i'm looking forward to that kid wearing a Colorado sweater.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40597
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Winterhawks
Didn't realize this was their third time in the finals. I very loosely follow the Winterhawks. I'm not a big Hockey fan, but any time playoffs in the NHL start, I'll watch.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Winterhawks
NHl would do great here but I just can't bring myself to care that much about a minor league team.
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Re: Winterhawks
I remember going to games when I was 4 - 5 years old with my aunt and uncle. They used to sponsor players every year. For those who don't know, the WHL kids basically live with local area surrogate families during the seasons.
I loved going to the games in the memorial coliseum, knowing the Blazers also played there (couldn't get a ticket to the Blazers for years).
We used to really get after guys like Darcy Tucker. It was easy for people to get under his skin. Great memories.
The Hawks are one of the things I really miss about PDX.
I loved going to the games in the memorial coliseum, knowing the Blazers also played there (couldn't get a ticket to the Blazers for years).
We used to really get after guys like Darcy Tucker. It was easy for people to get under his skin. Great memories.
The Hawks are one of the things I really miss about PDX.