Assume Masoli

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Assume Masoli

Post by woundedknees »

has the same number of pass attempts this season as last, but the drops decrease 50%... Who gets credit?

If the running game stays consistent, or improves, coupled with greater pass efficiency, assuming the defense is improved enough to cut the 3rd down conversions in half, the sky is the limit.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uodux1212
Senior

Re: Assume Masoli

Post by uodux1212 »

I love playing the "lets assume game"...

Assuming he puts up comparable numbers to the last 4 games of 2008... his stats would look like this for the whole 2009 season...

PASSING
Comp 183
Attp 288
Pct 63%
Yards 2922
TD 21
Int 3

RUSHING
Attp 150
Yrds 882
TD 21
YPC 5.9

If he plays at the same level he did at the end of 2008 he could be a 3000k/1000k guy... that is SICK. If I had to guess I would guess his rushing numbers might be higher than above... carries and yards, maybe not TD's...

GO DUCKS

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

And that includes games like the Holiday Bowl where Masoli had receivers with 5 consecutive dropped balls... Like I said, connect on 1/2 of the dropped balls, and QB numbers could go insane.

And if that is the case, it gives the term, "SuperDuck", a whole new level of meaning!

brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

woundedknees wrote:And that includes games like the Holiday Bowl where Masoli had receivers with 5 consecutive dropped balls... Like I said, connect on 1/2 of the dropped balls, and QB numbers could go insane.

And if that is the case, it gives the term, "SuperDuck", a whole new level of meaning!
lol, that is one bad duck!!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I would love to see our receivers actually catch the balls thrown to them. Our receiving group is untested for the most part. As far as who gets the credit would say if the receivers do their part then they get the credit. They have to do their part. Speaking of receivers.. do we know the status of Gaines.. Jackson and um is it Tuinei .. I am not sure if that is the correct name on last one. Was a 3rd receiver we got just not real familiar with the name.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Gaines has been here for summer workouts...

OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Post by OregonMAX »

Tuinei has been here since Spring camp too
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"