4-8
No votes

Total votes: 100
nogerO
Senior

What will our record be?

Post by nogerO »

at the end of the schedule?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
ducksrock
Senior

Re: What will our record be?

Post by ducksrock »

C'mon 12-0 people...speak up...the 10-2 peeps are kickin our ass....lol
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I'm not betting against the Ducks to lose any game until I see the score.

I did that in 2007.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I went 12-0, cause it doesn't cost any extra.

Besides I can't afford the procedure to get this "Duck Homer" tattoo removed from my forehead.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

ducksrock wrote:C'mon 12-0 people...speak up...the 10-2 peeps are kickin our ass....lol

10-2 is a lot more realistic. I thought only fans of teams like Ohio State and Tennessee pick their teams to go undefeated every year. :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

9-3 or 10-2 for me.

If we go undefeated this year, it'll be a once in a lifetime season. With that being said, it's clearly not out of the realm of possibility mainly because most of our hard games are @ home.

We'll lose to USC, then one or two of these: Cal/Arizona/OSU/BSU/Utah.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gosterman01
Three Star Recruit

Post by gosterman01 »

We will dominate USC and have a tougher game then most think against Washington.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

I'm more afraid of Cal than USC.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I went with 9-3. I could see us going 11-1 but 12-0 is near impossible. This is the Pac 10 and in the last 15 years only one team has gone undefeated in the conference and that is USC and they only did it once. Sure I worry about USC but think we have a very realistic chance of beating them at home. As it stands right now anyways. We shall see as it gets closer and where the team is. I worry more about Cal as we have not played well against them lately. I think our seniors have either only won one game or none against them. As far as road games the two I most worry about is Stanford.. ughhh... and UCLA. So ultimately I am going 9-3.. on a different day I might go 10-2.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

10-2 for me too, although I waffled between that and 9-3. I just think between USC, Cal, Boise St. and to a lesser extent Utah, it's hard to realistically think we'll go undefeated. Plus, there's always the "trip-up" against an "inferior" team. We came close a few times last year, but hopefully it won't be an issue this year.

I wouldn't even bet on a loaded Florida team with an easier schedule to go undefeated. Even though I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

If we had Celloto back, Thompson had made it in, that hard hitting safety we lost out on for the same reason, Brown had choosen us, and Harper had stayed put, Pflu stayed with us, and Stevens hadn't decided to go on a mission (don't forget how important the center is in this offense) I still wouldn't pick a 12 win season. Given what we lost out on and and the attrition we suffered I think we are in for a long season if CK is not as good a coach as we think he is. We are a couple of injuries away from a very long season, lose Blount we are in big trouble, lose Blount and Masoli and we are in even bigger trouble.

The main 2 reasons for optimism is CK is now the head coach and will adjust his talent accordingly and we have an experienced hard nosed qb. Other than that there are way too many question marks on this team. That being said it doesn't mean we won't finish 2 or 3rd in the pac-10, it could just be they aren't any superior teams in the pac this year.
ivegottabigduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ivegottabigduck »

You forgot the real winner 13-0...duh
duckfan2121
Two Star Recruit

Post by duckfan2121 »

People need to start getting a little realistic here... This season has the possibility of going 11-1 or 10-2, but the way things look right now we are in for a 9-3 or 8-4 season. Both lines are rebuilding, and we still have the same defensive coordinator that allows for 3rd and long to become 1st and 10 for opposing teams. We will simply need to outscore people, and I for one dont think we have the weapons like we did last season. We lose our top rusher and pass catcher, and arguably our 2 best offensive linemen. We are one hit on Jeremiah Masoli away from being down to 2 quarterbacks (one of which has had 3 surgeries on his knee). On defense, you simply cant replace Patrick Chung or Nick Reed. We lose 2 quality D-linemen, who we will sorely miss this year as they were both very solid last year.

Although we do lose all of that, it should be considered that we would be fortunate enough to finish 8-4 or 9-3, with the possibility of a holiday bowl berth. Remember folks, we are not SC and losing quality players like this will make for a definite slide in the rankings. In 2010, however, we will have a legitimate shot at the National Championship (with LaMichael James and Ethan Grant the Lightning strikes Twice offense).
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

duckfan2121 wrote:We lose our top rusher and pass catcher ... We lose 2 quality D-linemen, who we will sorely miss this year as they were both very solid last year.
Our top pass catcher (Terence Scott) was relatively unheard of the year before having only had 2 catches for 4 yards in 2007.

Entering into last year, our D-Tackles (Ra'Shon Harris and Cole Linehan) were relatively unheard of and untested as well. They were considered to be the biggest question mark on the team and potentially the reason for a bad year.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

ivegottabigduck wrote:You forgot the real winner 13-0...duh
"at the end of the schedule?" There is no bowl game on our schedule...

"duh"

And I've heard your duck is tiny.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine