Joey, The Comeback Kid!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Joey, The Comeback Kid!

Post by TualatinDuck »

I just read an article that described the best "feel good" stories of the upcoming training camps and Joey Harrington was part of that feature. After reading this, it really hit home to me as a Ducks fan that such great players can have dismal carriers in the NFL when drafted to a horrid team. They cite the Lions, Falcons, and Dolphins all as horrendus and that Joey really never had much of a shot.

Think about that when you look at the success of Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan. They both had the benefit of supremely veteran offensive lines and real running threats. Joey never had that, until now. While Drew Brees is the man for New Orleans, it appears that Joey is seriously eclipsing Burell for the no. 2 spot! I for one hope that this kid has atleast one serious comeback left in him before he fades away. He is and always will be in my mind a quarterback with the talents and instincts of Montana. A guy that even when everything is down, he isnt. Fear, pressure, insecurity, call it what you will, pushes guys like that to see things in a sense of slow motion that makes the game easier to play. Here's to you Joey, make it happen! The Duck Nation willingly gives you our support!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Re: Joey, The Comeback Kid!

Post by freedjr »

Is there a link? I sure hope Joey does have a good comeback. But as Bill Simmons says, his first order of business is to change his name to Joe. There just can't be a successful football player named Joey.

On a similar note, look at Dennis Dixon. Superbowl ring as a rookie, and learning the ropes. He's already up to second string. I think he'll have a great career, which would be awesome for all those who say the spread doesn't prepare players for the NFL.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Joey, The Comeback Kid!

Post by TualatinDuck »

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9861 ... ning-camps

My bad! Its Schrager and we all know what a tool he is but this is actually one of his best articles in a very long time.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher