Super Secret Scrimmage Updates...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Super Secret Scrimmage Updates...

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Here are a few updates on the super secret scrimmage via Twitter. The updates obviously aren't very detailed, but better than nothing I guess...

http://twitter.com/OregonFootball
OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: Super Secret Scrimmage Updates...

Post by OreDucks01284 »

''Barner runs a lot like Jeremiah Johnson, and while wearing No. 24 it's uncanny. Flint boots a 20-yard FG. #goducks''

''LaMichael James. Wow. Wow. (repeat). Unreal speed in the open field. #goducks''

wow, thats awesome.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Man, next Thursday can't come soon enough. It sounds like the team is really coming together. Boise will need to bring everything they've got to win this game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

The Ducks are faster and better conditioned than they've even been. I predict "speed kills" the Broncos!
Do you need a transfusion of GREEN O Positive?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

chump01284 wrote:''Barner runs a lot like Jeremiah Johnson, and while wearing No. 24 it's uncanny. Flint boots a 20-yard FG. #goducks''

''LaMichael James. Wow. Wow. (repeat). Unreal speed in the open field. #goducks''

wow, thats awesome.
Only 8 more days... James is the player I can't wait most to see play this season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Hmmm. Masoli, Barner, James and Blount on the field at one time, with say, Dickson, Maehl, Tunieni, and Holland...

Who gets the ball?

Can you say, "Hide The Button?"

I feel a couple of "OMG!!! Did you see that?" moments coming for the ESPN announcers and audience, as well as BSU.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

woundedknees wrote:Hmmm. Masoli, Barner, James and Blount on the field at one time, with say, Dickson, Maehl, Tunieni, and Holland...

Who gets the ball?

Can you say, "Hide The Button?"

I feel a couple of "OMG!!! Did you see that?" moments coming for the ESPN announcers and audience, as well as BSU.
only 3 linemen?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It was intended as IM humor/mild sarcasm... A play like that, if anyone ever tried it, would immediately dubbed something like "Mass Hysteria".
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
chump01284 wrote:''Barner runs a lot like Jeremiah Johnson, and while wearing No. 24 it's uncanny. Flint boots a 20-yard FG. #goducks''

wow, thats awesome.
Only 8 more days... James is the player I can't wait most to see play this season.
While I can't wait to see James as well, it seems like we've been spoiled with big time backs lately.

I can't wait to see the tall receivers making some great catches. But don't get me wrong...keep spoiling me with the backs too!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

freedjr wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

wow, thats awesome.
While I can't wait to see James as well, it seems like we've been spoiled with big time backs lately.

I can't wait to see the tall receivers making some great catches. But don't get me wrong...keep spoiling me with the backs too!
Tuinei seems like he could be a big time threat for us. Coaches love what he's done so far this summer.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

A brief update from GoDucks.com:

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... OEM_ID=500

That's a Wrap
Tuesday, August 25, 10:00 p.m. PT

The Ducks completed their final scrimmage of preseason camp on Tuesday night and consider themselves to be in regular season mode starting Thursday, when they commence game week practices focusing on Boise State. While many regulars were limited to a handful of plays, the warmup game served its purpose by simulating a gameday feel and allowing the coaching staff an extended look at several players battling for playing time this season.

It's never easy to assess intra squad scrimmages - if the offense makes a big play, the defense is called into question, and vice versa - but it's fairly evident that Oregon has an impressive stable of playmakers on both sides of the ball.

LeGarrette Blount only had four carries, but managed to squeeze in a hurdle and carry defenders on an 11-yard first-down pickup. Jeremiah Masoli's first pass of the scrimmage went for 49-yards and a touchdown to Jeff Maehl, who took advantage of single-man coverage and executed the play with precision and grace. Touted redshirt freshman LaMichael James put his blistering speed on display during a 26-yard touchdown run, and Kenjon Barner channeled his inner Jeremiah Johnson to the tune of 52 yards on eight carries with a touchdown.

On the other side of the ball, Casey Matthews averaged nearly a tackle for each snap he played, finishing with four. Zac Clark continued his impressive preseason, making five stops, including three tackles for loss. Eddie Pleasant also made five tackles as did true freshman Michael Clay, who also returned an interception for 25 yards. Needless to say, there were plenty of plays to be encouraged by for both units.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Andre Crenshaw, 6-41, TD

Not bad either.