4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK!
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK!
What are our chances here? Seems like 247 CB’s lean heavy towards Oregon, especially recently.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40585
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
Wisconsin definitely closed the gap, so most think it's between them and Ducks. I think Ducks have the edge though.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
I’ve read distance from his mother may be an issue. I’m hoping.
Can someone let this board know if Ingrahm is a real option?
Can someone let this board know if Ingrahm is a real option?
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
Boom
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40585
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
On paper, probably the best LB class we've ever had. I enjoy going to stays across the country and stealing top talent. Fun to see the Ducks doing what they want in recruiting.
Welcome Jared!
Welcome Jared!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
Big kid. Definitely like him over Ge'Mon Eaford, who is short and slow. Really solid pickup.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
Think they probably have one spot available at DL, LB, and DB. They may still take another of the higher-rated WRs but if none of those commit, I could see them take one more DL or LB.

-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
22 commits with 11 offense and 11 on defense. The staff is doing a good job of balancing the class at each position.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST
StevensTechU wrote:Big kid. Definitely like him over Ge'Mon Eaford, who is short and slow. Really solid pickup.
Curious why you think that he's faster than Eaford. I am looking at both their profiles (which I admit are never accurate) and Eaford is listed at a 4.62 shuttle and Casey is listed as a 4.77. Eaford's video he hits HARD. (but you can never tell against non college players)
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK
Isn't this guy a four star with offers from everyone?
Do you really think he won't be very good?
Do you really think he won't be very good?
StevensTechU wrote:Big kid. Definitely like him over Ge'Mon Eaford, who is short and slow. Really solid pickup.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK
I just watched Eaford's senior tape, and here are my thoughts:
-He's about the size of Michael Clay and AJ Hotchkins at around 5'11-6'0 based on how tall he looks compared to the other players on the field.
-He looks like he has good instincts in coverage, but I'm concerned he is going to be too slow to cover RBs and too short to cover TEs. Compare his athleticism to our current OLBs (Winston, Hollins) and it's not on par.
-Based on the above, I think his best spot is to move inside. In addition to being a smaller guy, in watching tape, I see a smart player but I don't see a guy who instinctively sees the play before it happens.
At Casey's size, he could realistically convert to DE if LB doesn't work out. At Eaford's size and athletic ability, I see his best shot at seeing the field at one of the inside LB spots.
-He's about the size of Michael Clay and AJ Hotchkins at around 5'11-6'0 based on how tall he looks compared to the other players on the field.
-He looks like he has good instincts in coverage, but I'm concerned he is going to be too slow to cover RBs and too short to cover TEs. Compare his athleticism to our current OLBs (Winston, Hollins) and it's not on par.
-Based on the above, I think his best spot is to move inside. In addition to being a smaller guy, in watching tape, I see a smart player but I don't see a guy who instinctively sees the play before it happens.
At Casey's size, he could realistically convert to DE if LB doesn't work out. At Eaford's size and athletic ability, I see his best shot at seeing the field at one of the inside LB spots.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK
Any truth to the rumors that nobody in the class likes him?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
