Page 1 of 2

4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 am
by Duck24
What are our chances here? Seems like 247 CB’s lean heavy towards Oregon, especially recently.

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 am
by UOducksTK1
Wisconsin definitely closed the gap, so most think it's between them and Ducks. I think Ducks have the edge though.

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am
by jimmy12
I’ve read distance from his mother may be an issue. I’m hoping.

Can someone let this board know if Ingrahm is a real option?

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 pm
by Tray Dub

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:21 pm
by karlhungis
Boom

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:25 pm
by brich75
Excellent!

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:26 pm
by UOducksTK1
On paper, probably the best LB class we've ever had. I enjoy going to stays across the country and stealing top talent. Fun to see the Ducks doing what they want in recruiting.

Welcome Jared!

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:23 pm
by StevensTechU
Big kid. Definitely like him over Ge'Mon Eaford, who is short and slow. Really solid pickup.

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:06 pm
by greenyellow
Think they probably have one spot available at DL, LB, and DB. They may still take another of the higher-rated WRs but if none of those commit, I could see them take one more DL or LB.

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm
by thomas time
22 commits with 11 offense and 11 on defense. The staff is doing a good job of balancing the class at each position.

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Annoucing 10/11 @ 3PM PST

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:02 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:Big kid. Definitely like him over Ge'Mon Eaford, who is short and slow. Really solid pickup.

Curious why you think that he's faster than Eaford. I am looking at both their profiles (which I admit are never accurate) and Eaford is listed at a 4.62 shuttle and Casey is listed as a 4.77. Eaford's video he hits HARD. (but you can never tell against non college players)

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am
by Duckenstein
Isn't this guy a four star with offers from everyone?

Do you really think he won't be very good?
StevensTechU wrote:Big kid. Definitely like him over Ge'Mon Eaford, who is short and slow. Really solid pickup.

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:37 am
by StevensTechU
I just watched Eaford's senior tape, and here are my thoughts:

-He's about the size of Michael Clay and AJ Hotchkins at around 5'11-6'0 based on how tall he looks compared to the other players on the field.
-He looks like he has good instincts in coverage, but I'm concerned he is going to be too slow to cover RBs and too short to cover TEs. Compare his athleticism to our current OLBs (Winston, Hollins) and it's not on par.
-Based on the above, I think his best spot is to move inside. In addition to being a smaller guy, in watching tape, I see a smart player but I don't see a guy who instinctively sees the play before it happens.

At Casey's size, he could realistically convert to DE if LB doesn't work out. At Eaford's size and athletic ability, I see his best shot at seeing the field at one of the inside LB spots.

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am
by karlhungis
Any truth to the rumors that nobody in the class likes him?

Re: 4* LB Jared Casey Announcing 10/11 @ 3PM PST Edit: QUACK

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am
by Duckenstein
Hmmmm