Who's left?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Who's left?
This class is insane. The future is crazy bright for the Ducks. My question and my guesses. Who's left?
I think they's only take 25. 26 IF one of the 5 stars decides to join.
1- DT- (I am not sure who they have a realistic shot at currently)
1- DE: Kris Bogle, Drake Jackson or Thibodeaux (Fall back Myron Warren or Ty Robinson)
WR-- Only Ford. That's the only one they'll accept.
CB-- I think they'd only take Trent McDuffie
I think they's only take 25. 26 IF one of the 5 stars decides to join.
1- DT- (I am not sure who they have a realistic shot at currently)
1- DE: Kris Bogle, Drake Jackson or Thibodeaux (Fall back Myron Warren or Ty Robinson)
WR-- Only Ford. That's the only one they'll accept.
CB-- I think they'd only take Trent McDuffie
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Who's left?
Good breakdown by Nemec of the current commits. Curious how many of these guys plan on signing early and/or enrolling in time for spring ball.
https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/i ... bile_index
https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/i ... bile_index
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: Who's left?
You've gotta think that a couple of the current commitments don't end up with the ducks, so maybe taking 3-5 more guys?
I'd like to see an elite DT like Jordan Scott
I wouldn't hate on an additional elite ol
I'd love a QB 2
I'm not really up on who we are in on, does anybody have a list of guys they are considering?
I'd like to see an elite DT like Jordan Scott
I wouldn't hate on an additional elite ol
I'd love a QB 2
I'm not really up on who we are in on, does anybody have a list of guys they are considering?
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Who's left?
I talked to one of the guys on the recruiting staff and they're not taking a second QB. I like Millen, but the depth is frightening and I think they really need a second.
-
hjpop
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm
- Location: Salem, OR
Re: Who's left?
Who would the QBs be after this year? Assuming Herbert goes to the NFL, that would leave: Burmeister, Shough, Yaffe (Scout), Millen (Incoming), and Irwin (Scout). 3 Scholarship and 2 Scout-team QBs?
-
GrandpaDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 3306
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm
Re: Who's left?
That would have a transfer QB drooling.hjpop wrote:Who would the QBs be after this year? Assuming Herbert goes to the NFL, that would leave: Burmeister, Shough, Yaffe (Scout), Millen (Incoming), and Irwin (Scout). 3 Scholarship and 2 Scout-team QBs?
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40593
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Who's left?
I think they like what they see next year though.StevensTechU wrote:I talked to one of the guys on the recruiting staff and they're not taking a second QB. I like Millen, but the depth is frightening and I think they really need a second.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Who's left?
I tend to think they finish the class with:
1 DL
1 LB
1 DB
They'll take another WR if it's Ford or McCoy but could easily take another DL or LB if they feel strongly about them.
1 DL
1 LB
1 DB
They'll take another WR if it's Ford or McCoy but could easily take another DL or LB if they feel strongly about them.

- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Who's left?
My take on remaining targets:
WR
Kyle Ford, if they can even get him up for a visit. He's still USC's to lose, Washington has made up ground too. I think he's the only skill position they're going for.
DT
Siaki Ika: The massive DT out of Salt Lake City is supposedly all Alabama. USC and Washington are also players.
Ishmael Sopsher: The top ranked DT in the country has had a weird and quiet recruitment considering his lofty ranking. As long of a long shot as there is, but he keeps bringing up Oregon. I made a drawing for him last year, and he genuinely has liked Oregon football his whole life. Here's another interesting thing, his brother Rodney is a lower three star JuCo lineman and they're close. If Oregon would take both Sopsher brothers they might have a chance. This is most likely an SEC kid, but something to keep an eye on to see if they even get an OV.
Matthew Pola-Mao: Big DT out of Arizona, another quiet recruitment.
DE
Kayvon Thibodeaux: I would still wager on it being Alabama, FSU, or USC - but he's coming this weekend so that's something.
Ty Robinson: Another weird and quiet recruitment. Really like his game though, a mauler.
Braylen Ingraham: The 4-star DE out of Florida is visiting this weekend and he's being recruiting by Cort Dennison. Big kid for the big DE spot.
Laiatu Latu: Not sure how hard we're recruiting him since it seems he's all USC.
Drake Jackson: Another one that's probably USC, we're probably the hat on the table.
LB
Henry To'oto'o: We were expecting a visit from him, but I don't know what's going on now.
DB
Trent McDuffie: Seems to be the only one the staff is pursuing hard.
Zay Rutherford: Loved his game, 6'2" with legit track speed, but he cancelled his visit and is announcing tomorrow (most likely to Notre Dame). Not sure why they stopped on him.
Darien Chase: Passed on him, as did Washington. It looks like he's a fall back option for both, if an option at all.
Noa Pola-Gates: Not sure how hard we're still recruiting him.
I think these are the top remaining targets, and I may have missed someone. It seems like the defense is where we'll use our remaining schollies. Always a chance we have someone come out of nowhere but those are the big names to keep an eye on.
WR
Kyle Ford, if they can even get him up for a visit. He's still USC's to lose, Washington has made up ground too. I think he's the only skill position they're going for.
DT
Siaki Ika: The massive DT out of Salt Lake City is supposedly all Alabama. USC and Washington are also players.
Ishmael Sopsher: The top ranked DT in the country has had a weird and quiet recruitment considering his lofty ranking. As long of a long shot as there is, but he keeps bringing up Oregon. I made a drawing for him last year, and he genuinely has liked Oregon football his whole life. Here's another interesting thing, his brother Rodney is a lower three star JuCo lineman and they're close. If Oregon would take both Sopsher brothers they might have a chance. This is most likely an SEC kid, but something to keep an eye on to see if they even get an OV.
Matthew Pola-Mao: Big DT out of Arizona, another quiet recruitment.
DE
Kayvon Thibodeaux: I would still wager on it being Alabama, FSU, or USC - but he's coming this weekend so that's something.
Ty Robinson: Another weird and quiet recruitment. Really like his game though, a mauler.
Braylen Ingraham: The 4-star DE out of Florida is visiting this weekend and he's being recruiting by Cort Dennison. Big kid for the big DE spot.
Laiatu Latu: Not sure how hard we're recruiting him since it seems he's all USC.
Drake Jackson: Another one that's probably USC, we're probably the hat on the table.
LB
Henry To'oto'o: We were expecting a visit from him, but I don't know what's going on now.
DB
Trent McDuffie: Seems to be the only one the staff is pursuing hard.
Zay Rutherford: Loved his game, 6'2" with legit track speed, but he cancelled his visit and is announcing tomorrow (most likely to Notre Dame). Not sure why they stopped on him.
Darien Chase: Passed on him, as did Washington. It looks like he's a fall back option for both, if an option at all.
Noa Pola-Gates: Not sure how hard we're still recruiting him.
I think these are the top remaining targets, and I may have missed someone. It seems like the defense is where we'll use our remaining schollies. Always a chance we have someone come out of nowhere but those are the big names to keep an eye on.
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: Who's left?
This is great, thank you!
Sure looks like there aren't a ton of guys left.
You've got to take the legit five star guys if they want to come, but I'd really like to see a QB 2 and a massive DT even if they aren't ready day 1
Sure looks like there aren't a ton of guys left.
You've got to take the legit five star guys if they want to come, but I'd really like to see a QB 2 and a massive DT even if they aren't ready day 1
GoDucksTroll wrote:My take on remaining targets:
WR
Kyle Ford, if they can even get him up for a visit. He's still USC's to lose, Washington has made up ground too. I think he's the only skill position they're going for.
DT
Siaki Ika: The massive DT out of Salt Lake City is supposedly all Alabama. USC and Washington are also players.
Ishmael Sopsher: The top ranked DT in the country has had a weird and quiet recruitment considering his lofty ranking. As long of a long shot as there is, but he keeps bringing up Oregon. I made a drawing for him last year, and he genuinely has liked Oregon football his whole life. Here's another interesting thing, his brother Rodney is a lower three star JuCo lineman and they're close. If Oregon would take both Sopsher brothers they might have a chance. This is most likely an SEC kid, but something to keep an eye on to see if they even get an OV.
Matthew Pola-Mao: Big DT out of Arizona, another quiet recruitment.
DE
Kayvon Thibodeaux: I would still wager on it being Alabama, FSU, or USC - but he's coming this weekend so that's something.
Ty Robinson: Another weird and quiet recruitment. Really like his game though, a mauler.
Braylen Ingraham: The 4-star DE out of Florida is visiting this weekend and he's being recruiting by Cort Dennison. Big kid for the big DE spot.
Laiatu Latu: Not sure how hard we're recruiting him since it seems he's all USC.
Drake Jackson: Another one that's probably USC, we're probably the hat on the table.
LB
Henry To'oto'o: We were expecting a visit from him, but I don't know what's going on now.
DB
Trent McDuffie: Seems to be the only one the staff is pursuing hard.
Zay Rutherford: Loved his game, 6'2" with legit track speed, but he cancelled his visit and is announcing tomorrow (most likely to Notre Dame). Not sure why they stopped on him.
Darien Chase: Passed on him, as did Washington. It looks like he's a fall back option for both, if an option at all.
Noa Pola-Gates: Not sure how hard we're still recruiting him.
I think these are the top remaining targets, and I may have missed someone. It seems like the defense is where we'll use our remaining schollies. Always a chance we have someone come out of nowhere but those are the big names to keep an eye on.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Who's left?
I think we may be in the QB grad transfer market. There is one good prospect left, 4-star dual threat Jayden Daniels, but we stopped recruiting him a while ago. I don't think he fits the mold of what they want to do, but he does have some impressive film.Duckenstein wrote:This is great, thank you!
Sure looks like there aren't a ton of guys left.
You've got to take the legit five star guys if they want to come, but I'd really like to see a QB 2 and a massive DT even if they aren't ready day 1
For transfers there are two big names: Clemson's Kelly Bryant and Alabama's Jalen Hurts. However, there is now a new proposed grad transfer rule: If the grad transfer doesn't get the graduate degree in one year then his scholarship also counts for the following year, even if eligibility has been exhausted.
At that point you have to ask if Jalen Hurts is worth two years of scholarships for one year of play.
I'm really high on Millen, if next year's QB race is Shough/Burmeister/Millen it could be worse. It would be a weakness on the team, but who knows what will happen between now and then.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Who's left?
OR the Ducks believe Herbert is coming back......hmmmmmmm
- pdxduck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 332
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:55 am
Re: Who's left?
I sure hope so. I'd hate to see Herbert behind that abysmal O-Line I saw from the Giants last night.jimmy12 wrote:OR the Ducks believe Herbert is coming back......hmmmmmmm
-
gogreen55
- Senior
- Posts: 2369
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 pm
Re: Who's left?
It definitely makes sense to focus on defense for the remaining spots. From a pure numbers standpoint, that is where the most glaring deficit is.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Who's left?
As for Henry To'oto'o, he won't be able to take his visit until after his season since De La Salle tends to not allow its players to take out-of-state OVs during the season, except on their one bye week.
