Page 1 of 6

How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:29 am
by jimmy12
My guess:

Dorlus
Criddell
Mathis
Mosely
&
Ika

Outside (way outside chance at Ford)

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 am
by Duckenstein
Mathis
Mosely
Dorlus
Criddell
Steele

I'm not confident in Ika or Ford but you never know

Hopefully we take around 7 more total

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:19 am
by jimmy12
Duckenstein wrote:Mathis
Mosely
Dorlus
Criddell
Steele

I'm not confident in Ika or Ford but you never know

Hopefully we take around 7 more total
You think Steele? I have only heard Florida there!

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:59 am
by GoDucksTroll
I think Dorlus, Criddell, Mathis, Mosely are the likeliest ones.

Ika and Steele would be great, but not holding out hope for those. Ford is probably either Washington or USC. Maybe a surprise comes out of somewhere, we could really use another DT.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:54 am
by DuckDuckJuice
jimmy12 wrote:
You think Steele? I have only heard Florida there!
Someone posted in a USC forum that Thibodeaux and him were buddies, and he could potentially follow him.

I’m not saying he will though.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:10 pm
by greenyellow
Thibodeaux is also good friends with Ford so we'll see if he can help recruit a bit.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:29 am
by thomas time
dt has a headline about a Kyle Ford rumor, anybody know what it is?

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:58 am
by lukeyrid13
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think Dorlus, Criddell, Mathis, Mosely are the likeliest ones.

Ika and Steele would be great, but not holding out hope for those. Ford is probably either Washington or USC. Maybe a surprise comes out of somewhere, we could really use another DT.
Agreed with all of this. I think we got the first 4 you mentioned, then probably a late offer backup plan type guy and a random flip no one saw coming. I also think we get 1-2 grad transfers so I think the coaches willl keep the other spots open.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:00 am
by maxduck
Any guess on how many spots they hold for the normal February signing date? Last year roughly 25% of the top recruits were available after the early period and I read Rival's Mike Ferrell expects the number to be higher for the 2019 class. That is a lot of talent still available after this week.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:42 am
by Duckenstein
Imo they'd prefer to leave very little open.

But that won't happen because only 20 or so guys will sign early

Only a handful of top guys will be in play after early signing day, like McCoy, toootoo, goforth, heimuli
maxduck wrote:Any guess on how many spots they hold for the normal February signing date? Last year roughly 25% of the top recruits were available after the early period and I read Rival's Mike Ferrell expects the number to be higher for the 2019 class. That is a lot of talent still available after this week.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am
by alxtw
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think Dorlus, Criddell, Mathis, Mosely are the likeliest ones.

Ika and Steele would be great, but not holding out hope for those. Ford is probably either Washington or USC. Maybe a surprise comes out of somewhere, we could really use another DT.

I would much rather see ford commit to USC and not UW over us. When is he scheduled to commit?

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:05 pm
by pdxduck2013
My guesses are Criddell, Mosley, Mathis, Dorlus, and Ika.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:11 pm
by Duck24
Looks like you can scratch Dorlus from that list. He’s going to Florida it seems.

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:23 pm
by Duck07
Duck24 wrote:Looks like you can scratch Dorlus from that list. He’s going to Florida it seems.
I feel like we have too many DE in this class right now as it is. Perhaps it means we're going to offer Rodney Sopsher so that we can get Ish.
Image

Re: How do the ducks finish?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:28 pm
by StevensTechU
Duck07 wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Looks like you can scratch Dorlus from that list. He’s going to Florida it seems.
I feel like we have too many DE in this class right now as it is. Perhaps it means we're going to offer Rodney Sopsher so that we can get Ish.
Image
I'm of the same mind.