3* DE Dorlus commits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by greenyellow »

Have to think that getting Dorlus means they're likely done taking DEs this class. I imagine they'll still try to get another DT.
Image
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by StevensTechU »

Watching his tape, I wonder if they plan to have him get on the Gary Baker diet and try to bulk up to play inside.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40580
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Welcome Dorlus! Ranked pretty lowly, but he was well sought after, even by a good amount of SEC schools. Will be fun to watch his development in green/yellow.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by Duckenstein »

StevensTechU wrote:Watching his tape, I wonder if they plan to have him get on the Gary Baker diet and try to bulk up to play inside.
I think you need a different body type

These aren't the old days when they always took DEs and threw them into NT
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by StevensTechU »

He seems pretty broad, though. More broad than Baker, and Baker was a DE in high school, as well.
Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by Greenblood »

Per Rivals, he was offered by Auburn, Clemson, Florida and others.
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by Duckenstein »

StevensTechU wrote:He seems pretty broad, though. More broad than Baker, and Baker was a DE in high school, as well.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't know.

But I don't think Mario wants to bulk kids up for two years before they play. He wants guys that are ready to go

In the old days, we'd take the development guys at DL and do what wsu and Utah do. Feed them and train them for a couple years

Nowadays, Mario is looking for guys that are ready to go

KWH, Poti, Dorlus, those guys can step in day 1 and play on the line. Thibodeau and Johnson will play day 1 too

Jordon Scott did the same.

I think the confusion comes from the scheme

KWH, Poti and Dorlus play DE/DT

Thibodeau and Johnson play OLB/DE

Scott only plays NT in the base set, on rushing downs

Also, not trying to mansplain to you, but figured some folks would find the above helpful
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by jimmy12 »

Duckenstein wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:He seems pretty broad, though. More broad than Baker, and Baker was a DE in high school, as well.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't know.

But I don't think Mario wants to bulk kids up for two years before they play. He wants guys that are ready to go

In the old days, we'd take the development guys at DL and do what wsu and Utah do. Feed them and train them for a couple years

Nowadays, Mario is looking for guys that are ready to go

KWH, Poti, Dorlus, those guys can step in day 1 and play on the line. Thibodeau and Johnson will play day 1 too

Jordon Scott did the same.

I think the confusion comes from the scheme

KWH, Poti and Dorlus play DE/DT

Thibodeau and Johnson play OLB/DE

Scott only plays NT in the base set, on rushing downs

Also, not trying to mansplain to you, but figured some folks would find the above helpful
I agree with most of what you said, but one point, I think these younger / newer players are playing not because they are ready. Rather, they are playing because of the lack of depth on the roster. I am guessing, but I think this is out of need.
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by Duckenstein »

jimmy12 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:He seems pretty broad, though. More broad than Baker, and Baker was a DE in high school, as well.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't know.

But I don't think Mario wants to bulk kids up for two years before they play. He wants guys that are ready to go

In the old days, we'd take the development guys at DL and do what wsu and Utah do. Feed them and train them for a couple years

Nowadays, Mario is looking for guys that are ready to go

KWH, Poti, Dorlus, those guys can step in day 1 and play on the line. Thibodeau and Johnson will play day 1 too

Jordon Scott did the same.

I think the confusion comes from the scheme

KWH, Poti and Dorlus play DE/DT

Thibodeau and Johnson play OLB/DE

Scott only plays NT in the base set, on rushing downs

Also, not trying to mansplain to you, but figured some folks would find the above helpful
I agree with most of what you said, but one point, I think these younger / newer players are playing not because they are ready. Rather, they are playing because of the lack of depth on the roster. I am guessing, but I think this is out of need.
I agree with that
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: 3* DE Dorlus commits

Post by Phenom »

I think at least one of the incoming DL redshirts (probably Poti), but I like them all.
Post Reply