QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
SteelTown43
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 am
QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Welcome aboard Jamal, 24th commit for 2019
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Co ... 128124193/
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Co ... 128124193/
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Terrific athlete with good size and build. He's good in coverage and delivers vicious hits.
Heyward has a lot to work with.
Heyward has a lot to work with.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
I stand corrected. I am not sure why the lower tiered offers are the ones prominently displayed on 247. I clicked the expanded list and it is much more impressive.
Last edited by karlhungis on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
-
SteelTown43
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 am
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Also had offers from Bama, usc, Tennessee and Michigan. 44 total offers
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
As an FYI this is who I was alluding to. Wanted to commit before even visiting, but was told to come out and see first.
Had offers from SEC and Big-10 schools. Athletic, not the fastest but has a thick build for a kid.
Had offers from SEC and Big-10 schools. Athletic, not the fastest but has a thick build for a kid.
-
rsbgduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
- Location: Roseburg, OR
- Contact:
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
question, Hill seems like a solid 4* (no I’m not a star guy) and from what I’ve seen there are not a lot of S who are rated high. Are S like the DL when it comes to talent, just not a lot of recruits at that position with great and obviously elite talent?
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
I have to add that this is speaking volumes for both the Oregon brand and our coaches recruiting skills. Kids from SEC country are willing to pass up mid tier SEC commits/offers to come here, sight unseen.
We knew we had a national name, but no one has utilized it like this. Kayvon’s commitment, the highly ranked class, flirtations with 5-stars, this is what draws attention from the mid tier recruits you need to build a program.
There’s another kid I know of that wants to be out here, but the coaches are being masterful at slow playing.
We knew we had a national name, but no one has utilized it like this. Kayvon’s commitment, the highly ranked class, flirtations with 5-stars, this is what draws attention from the mid tier recruits you need to build a program.
There’s another kid I know of that wants to be out here, but the coaches are being masterful at slow playing.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11011
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
4.46 electric at the opening in Atl, he's a lot faster than anyone is giving him credit for. Cridell ran a 4.77 fwiw.GoDucksTroll wrote:As an FYI this is who I was alluding to. Wanted to commit before even visiting, but was told to come out and see first.
Had offers from SEC and Big-10 schools. Athletic, not the fastest but has a thick build for a kid.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
It seems like safeties are rated lower than cornerbacks, unless they’re the very elite type. I don’t know why, if I had to guess it would be a speed/testing thing. Some of it is that these guys played as the back stop at their HS because they were the best player on the team, like Troy Dye and Brady Breeze, and it’s hard to evaluate that.rsbgduck wrote:question, Hill seems like a solid 4* (no I’m not a star guy) and from what I’ve seen there are not a lot of S who are rated high. Are S like the DL when it comes to talent, just not a lot of recruits at that position with great and obviously elite talent?
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39218
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
With both James and Hill committed, it makes me wonder if they'll take any of the other DBs who are visiting the next couple weeks. Watts' final 2 were Oregon and South Carolina so I could see him going to the Gamecocks if Oregon won't take his commitment. Emerson visited this weekend but is still committed to Mississippi State. Elam, Sanguinetti, and Williams seem like longshots but wonder if Oregon would take one or two more if they think that highly of them.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Might be a down year. I would go over to 247sports and see what a guy rated 88 is ranked in a given year and see if that changes year-over-year.rsbgduck wrote:question, Hill seems like a solid 4* (no I’m not a star guy) and from what I’ve seen there are not a lot of S who are rated high. Are S like the DL when it comes to talent, just not a lot of recruits at that position with great and obviously elite talent?
In my head, I don't see there being a dearth of safeties nationally.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11011
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Hill reminds me of former WSU safety Deone Buchanon. He's the in the box safety we've been missing since TJ Ward left. I can see this kid playing at 215 and not losing a step. I'm not sure if he's going to be great in coverage, but vs the run he'll be a killer.
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
I will say, he looks really stiff in the torso, he'll have a hell of a time in coverage because he can't twist. Quite unusual, normally kids are stiff in the hips not in the ribs.buckmarkduck wrote:Hill reminds me of former WSU safety Deone Buchanon. He's the in the box safety we've been missing since TJ Ward left. I can see this kid playing at 215 and not losing a step. I'm not sure if he's going to be great in coverage, but vs the run he'll be a killer.
-
rsbgduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
- Location: Roseburg, OR
- Contact:
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Not going to quote people and take up space. Thanks for the answers and info StevensTechu and GoDucksTroll. I will look back on a few yrs, now I’m curious.
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: QUAAACK - JAMAL HILL
Isn't that why we have Aaron Feld and his staff? I don't pretend to be a talent evaluator but I have seen numerous comments by Mario that the kids have a lot more flexibility than under Slick's S&C program. Isn't there potential for a lot of improvement by an 18 year old kid in the right conditioning regime?Duckenstein wrote:I will say, he looks really stiff in the torso, he'll have a hell of a time in coverage because he can't twist. Quite unusual, normally kids are stiff in the hips not in the ribs.buckmarkduck wrote:Hill reminds me of former WSU safety Deone Buchanon. He's the in the box safety we've been missing since TJ Ward left. I can see this kid playing at 215 and not losing a step. I'm not sure if he's going to be great in coverage, but vs the run he'll be a killer.