Page 1 of 7
Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:38 am
by TyranT
Removed “USC commit” from his twitter profile. Puka’s mom stated they’d like to announce and sign no later than Friday. Hopefully coach Cristobal has given the family his likely pick for his next WR coach. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I apologize for not remembering where I read the statement from Puka’s mom. I’d like to give credit to the source.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 am
by karlhungis
I feel like this doesn't bode well for us.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:29 am
by TyranT
Yeah I hear ya. I can’t help but to feel optimistic that we have a shot. In Mario’s press conference he stated we were close to getting a WR coach. He didn’t devulge the specific names to the media, but maybe he was inclined to name drop to Puka’s family. If we make a home run hire we could sway the young man. The Sewell family I feel is our ace in the hole. My confidence is 60/40 ducks to fuskies.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am
by DuckMastaFunk
I'm with TyranT. If there's one thing that I feel this recruiting cycle that I've never felt before, it is "the optimism is warranted".
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:01 am
by TyranT
I remember in the Helfrich era being so frustrated with the slow play on recruits and the justification of being “selective.” Comparing the then and now I’d chaulk it up to being kinda lazy.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:44 am
by TualatinDuck
Quack watch...........
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 am
by FlDuckFan
Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 am
by GoDucksTroll
FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
Mmmm that looks like good news.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 am
by TyranT
Oh man! I’m hoping it means that folks will be changing their crystal ball predictions from the fuskies to the ducks.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am
by TualatinDuck
FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
That is one extremely dialed in source.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:19 am
by FlDuckFan
TualatinDuck wrote:FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
That is one extremely dialed in source.
I would assume she is but she seems to be the only touting this info, just curious if she was the only source
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 am
by Duck24
On ScoopDuck, a poster not named JHop is reporting we are close to hiring Dunn from Okie State. Wonder if one shoe drops, then the other?
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:01 pm
by UofO8
Duck24 wrote:On ScoopDuck, a poster not named JHop is reporting we are close to hiring Dunn from Okie State. Wonder if one shoe drops, then the other?
god, that would be a lights out hire. please let it be true.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:18 pm
by Phalanx
Pulling away Nacua from USC would be nice revenge for Devon Williams last year.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Phalanx wrote:Pulling away Nacua from USC would be nice revenge for Devon Williams last year.
He's been checked out of USC for a while, looking like us versus Washington. Swiping him from Washington, a month after we offered, would be even sweeter. Washington didn't get much in the way of skill players this class, they could really use him. For us it's a luxury recruit.