What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Post by jimmy12 »

Lots of visitors and offers going out and this board is silent!
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Post by greenyellow »

Just hard to keep track of all the offers and visitors that Oregon does send out and host because they do so much of it. Plus with March Madness going on now, it's taken a bit of a back seat. I'm sure it'll pick up once basketball ends and we get closer to the Spring Game.
Image
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Post by jimmy12 »

I was surprised by the casey filkins offer. Some people think he is a hidden gem. He hasnt grown yet and his dad is quite tall. Perhaps they are betting on a spurt
TualatinDuck
Senior
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
Location: Tualatin

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Post by TualatinDuck »

About 7 visitors this weekend and the three from Texas were the bigger ones. Not much really beyond that going on right now. If guys want to commit, they will be told to hold off unless it's the Texas trio.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

jimmy12 wrote:I was surprised by the casey filkins offer. Some people think he is a hidden gem. He hasnt grown yet and his dad is quite tall. Perhaps they are betting on a spurt
I was really surprised too. But cool to see us going after less known in-state guys.

And yeah there are so many recruiting offers going out, it's so hard to follow. Once spring game happens, I think they'll be a little more hype around here.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Post by StevensTechU »

It seems like Filkins may have gotten a conditional offer. When UofO offers a lesser-rated kid, and the kid's response is "this is amazing" but also "I'm going to take my time," I often read into that as he doesn't have the ability to commit yet.
Post Reply