Page 1 of 1

What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 am
by jimmy12
Lots of visitors and offers going out and this board is silent!

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 am
by greenyellow
Just hard to keep track of all the offers and visitors that Oregon does send out and host because they do so much of it. Plus with March Madness going on now, it's taken a bit of a back seat. I'm sure it'll pick up once basketball ends and we get closer to the Spring Game.

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am
by jimmy12
I was surprised by the casey filkins offer. Some people think he is a hidden gem. He hasnt grown yet and his dad is quite tall. Perhaps they are betting on a spurt

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:25 pm
by TualatinDuck
About 7 visitors this weekend and the three from Texas were the bigger ones. Not much really beyond that going on right now. If guys want to commit, they will be told to hold off unless it's the Texas trio.

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:16 am
by UOducksTK1
jimmy12 wrote:I was surprised by the casey filkins offer. Some people think he is a hidden gem. He hasnt grown yet and his dad is quite tall. Perhaps they are betting on a spurt
I was really surprised too. But cool to see us going after less known in-state guys.

And yeah there are so many recruiting offers going out, it's so hard to follow. Once spring game happens, I think they'll be a little more hype around here.

Re: What happened to all the recruiting talk?

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:08 pm
by StevensTechU
It seems like Filkins may have gotten a conditional offer. When UofO offers a lesser-rated kid, and the kid's response is "this is amazing" but also "I'm going to take my time," I often read into that as he doesn't have the ability to commit yet.