QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
"My education played a big role in this decision, and that priority hasn't changed"???
Will wonders never cease!?!
Will wonders never cease!?!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Nice!
I gotta say a few months back when they said a low 3 star from the south was our top RB target when there were a few 5 stars in Cali I was worried but after watching his highlights I think he’s going to be a real good one for us. Reminds me of Royce who was also an unknown at first before shooting up rankings his senior year.
I gotta say a few months back when they said a low 3 star from the south was our top RB target when there were a few 5 stars in Cali I was worried but after watching his highlights I think he’s going to be a real good one for us. Reminds me of Royce who was also an unknown at first before shooting up rankings his senior year.
-
mrpd21
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 am
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
I like it! Last time we had a bruising RB from Mississippi it worked out pretty well. Looking forward to what the staff can do with this kids size/frame.
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
- DmoneyDuck
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
- Contact:
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
I definitely trust this staff's judgment over the rankings.lukeyrid13 wrote:Nice!
I gotta say a few months back when they said a low 3 star from the south was our top RB target when there were a few 5 stars in Cali I was worried but after watching his highlights I think he’s going to be a real good one for us. Reminds me of Royce who was also an unknown at first before shooting up rankings his senior year.
- Quietduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 623
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Watching his video I was shocked he runs like Lamicheal but is a lot bigger. He doesn't run like a Droughns or our other bigger backs
-
mrpd21
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 am
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
OK finally watched some film...
Kid can RUN. He's a big play guy, always a chance for a home run when he gets the ball. I now understand the AP comparisons I heard before seeing him play. If LGB and J-Stew had a baby it might be him. I like Oregon backs that are over 6 and 200, run sub 4.6 in the rotation and he fits the profile. My biggest criticism is how he swings out the ball while carrying it...I think it could pop out more in College, he needs to work on improving ball security a bit.
This might be an absolute steal out of the South if he converts to the next level, Mastro might be a Maestro. Kid is getting after it every play, it's easy to see why the staff coveted him so much. His film has more "dayuuummm" moments than a lot of 5 star films. One negative and concern is, even in Mississippi, he seems to be playing against a lot of smaller competition.
Kid can RUN. He's a big play guy, always a chance for a home run when he gets the ball. I now understand the AP comparisons I heard before seeing him play. If LGB and J-Stew had a baby it might be him. I like Oregon backs that are over 6 and 200, run sub 4.6 in the rotation and he fits the profile. My biggest criticism is how he swings out the ball while carrying it...I think it could pop out more in College, he needs to work on improving ball security a bit.
This might be an absolute steal out of the South if he converts to the next level, Mastro might be a Maestro. Kid is getting after it every play, it's easy to see why the staff coveted him so much. His film has more "dayuuummm" moments than a lot of 5 star films. One negative and concern is, even in Mississippi, he seems to be playing against a lot of smaller competition.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40580
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Big time commit, I think he’ll be the next big RB at Oregon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
rsbgduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
- Location: Roseburg, OR
- Contact:
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
With the way MC wants to take this team (down hill, smash mouth w/uptempo) I can see him contributing right away. Regardless who wins the starting QB job they will have no experience or very limited in clean up time barring any injuries. O-Line should be good but still inexperienced as a whole again barring major injuries. We should be loaded at WR and RB to a point we should expect a few defectors. Yes there is a lot of time between now and what could, should and not happen, one thing is for certain (IMHO) us fans and our opponents will see a heavy heavy dose of smash mouth down hill running in 2020!!!
GO DUCKS!!!
GO DUCKS!!!
