Page 1 of 1
QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm
by Merganzer
Re: Trey Benson to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 pm
by greenyellow
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 pm
by woundedknees
"My education played a big role in this decision, and that priority hasn't changed"???
Will wonders never cease!?!
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:44 pm
by lukeyrid13
Nice!
I gotta say a few months back when they said a low 3 star from the south was our top RB target when there were a few 5 stars in Cali I was worried but after watching his highlights I think he’s going to be a real good one for us. Reminds me of Royce who was also an unknown at first before shooting up rankings his senior year.
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:51 pm
by mrpd21
I like it! Last time we had a bruising RB from Mississippi it worked out pretty well. Looking forward to what the staff can do with this kids size/frame.
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm
by Merganzer
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 pm
by DmoneyDuck
lukeyrid13 wrote:Nice!
I gotta say a few months back when they said a low 3 star from the south was our top RB target when there were a few 5 stars in Cali I was worried but after watching his highlights I think he’s going to be a real good one for us. Reminds me of Royce who was also an unknown at first before shooting up rankings his senior year.
I definitely trust this staff's judgment over the rankings.
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 pm
by Quietduck
Watching his video I was shocked he runs like Lamicheal but is a lot bigger. He doesn't run like a Droughns or our other bigger backs
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:26 pm
by mrpd21
OK finally watched some film...
Kid can RUN. He's a big play guy, always a chance for a home run when he gets the ball. I now understand the AP comparisons I heard before seeing him play. If LGB and J-Stew had a baby it might be him. I like Oregon backs that are over 6 and 200, run sub 4.6 in the rotation and he fits the profile. My biggest criticism is how he swings out the ball while carrying it...I think it could pop out more in College, he needs to work on improving ball security a bit.
This might be an absolute steal out of the South if he converts to the next level, Mastro might be a Maestro. Kid is getting after it every play, it's easy to see why the staff coveted him so much. His film has more "dayuuummm" moments than a lot of 5 star films. One negative and concern is, even in Mississippi, he seems to be playing against a lot of smaller competition.
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am
by UOducksTK1
Big time commit, I think he’ll be the next big RB at Oregon.
Re: QUACK! 2020 RB Trey Benson commits to Oregon
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 pm
by rsbgduck
With the way MC wants to take this team (down hill, smash mouth w/uptempo) I can see him contributing right away. Regardless who wins the starting QB job they will have no experience or very limited in clean up time barring any injuries. O-Line should be good but still inexperienced as a whole again barring major injuries. We should be loaded at WR and RB to a point we should expect a few defectors. Yes there is a lot of time between now and what could, should and not happen, one thing is for certain (IMHO) us fans and our opponents will see a heavy heavy dose of smash mouth down hill running in 2020!!!
GO DUCKS!!!