New commit incoming?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

New commit incoming?

Post by greenyellow »

2021 DB Anthony Beavers is hinting that Oregon will be getting a new commit today:
Image
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by karlhungis »

So..... Nothing?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:So..... Nothing?
Sounds like a silent commit who's waiting to announce on a specific date/time.
Image
chapelhillduck
Senior
Posts: 2395
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:15 am

New commit incoming?

Post by chapelhillduck »

Dillon Johnson is announcing commitment Friday....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by thomas time »

was it Maceal Afaese or some one waiting to announce? If it's somebody else does anybody know a time frame when the silent will go public?
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

thomas time wrote:was it Maceal Afaese or some one waiting to announce? If it's somebody else does anybody know a time frame when the silent will go public?
Eh, if only I had a dollar for every kid who said he’s about to commit and then doesn’t.

It could be that the coaches are timing commits as well, Washington fans are sure Cristobal tries to upstage them. Narcidawgs.

It seems like we’re in the lead for the OL out of Chicago (Chambers?) who is announcing this upcoming week, and fellow OL Jaylan Jeffers is visiting this weekend.

It would be nice to have the class a little more fleshed out, but I’m being very greedy considering how Hell was okay going into the season with like 2 commits.

I’m really looking forward to the Saturday Night Live weekend, I think if we see fireworks that would be the likeliest time for it to happen.
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

If the class is to top last years class we will need some major fireworks. Been some misses lately and like 3 straight verbal commitments from 3 star guys. I know we still in it for some 5 star guys but not sure how likely it is that get them. I wish Smalls and Flowe are still interested but not sure chances are reasonable with either.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by greenyellow »

This year's class is definitely not going to top last year's, but mainly because it'll be smaller and the 2020 class on the West Coast (namely OL, DL, and LB) is not as talented/highly rated as the 2019 crop.
Image
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by alxtw »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:If the class is to top last years class we will need some major fireworks. Been some misses lately and like 3 straight verbal commitments from 3 star guys. I know we still in it for some 5 star guys but not sure how likely it is that get them. I wish Smalls and Flowe are still interested but not sure chances are reasonable with either.
What happen with Smalls? Thought he was very interested before?
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:If the class is to top last years class we will need some major fireworks. Been some misses lately and like 3 straight verbal commitments from 3 star guys. I know we still in it for some 5 star guys but not sure how likely it is that get them. I wish Smalls and Flowe are still interested but not sure chances are reasonable with either.
What happen with Smalls? Thought he was very interested before?
Sounds like he wants to head somewhere down South.
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40581
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Marcus Harper announcing Thursday. Signs point to Ducks

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by thomas time »

Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by ncduck »

thomas time wrote:Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."
Sounds like he turned 17 today. That’s a big 17 year old.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by rsbgduck »

ncduck wrote:
thomas time wrote:Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."
Sounds like he turned 17 today. That’s a big 17 year old.
Who will either still be 17 or a just turned 18 depending on when he gets on campus. The ceiling for this kid is very high IMO
GrandpaDuck
Senior
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: New commit incoming?

Post by GrandpaDuck »

thomas time wrote:Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."
Looks like Coach Graves has struck again and that height and bulk ought to give Ruthie some much needed backup..
Post Reply