Page 1 of 2

New commit incoming?

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:10 pm
by greenyellow
2021 DB Anthony Beavers is hinting that Oregon will be getting a new commit today:

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm
by karlhungis
So..... Nothing?

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 pm
by greenyellow
karlhungis wrote:So..... Nothing?
Sounds like a silent commit who's waiting to announce on a specific date/time.

New commit incoming?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 pm
by chapelhillduck
Dillon Johnson is announcing commitment Friday....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:20 am
by thomas time
was it Maceal Afaese or some one waiting to announce? If it's somebody else does anybody know a time frame when the silent will go public?

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:29 pm
by GoDucksTroll
thomas time wrote:was it Maceal Afaese or some one waiting to announce? If it's somebody else does anybody know a time frame when the silent will go public?
Eh, if only I had a dollar for every kid who said he’s about to commit and then doesn’t.

It could be that the coaches are timing commits as well, Washington fans are sure Cristobal tries to upstage them. Narcidawgs.

It seems like we’re in the lead for the OL out of Chicago (Chambers?) who is announcing this upcoming week, and fellow OL Jaylan Jeffers is visiting this weekend.

It would be nice to have the class a little more fleshed out, but I’m being very greedy considering how Hell was okay going into the season with like 2 commits.

I’m really looking forward to the Saturday Night Live weekend, I think if we see fireworks that would be the likeliest time for it to happen.

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:06 am
by GoDucksIn09
If the class is to top last years class we will need some major fireworks. Been some misses lately and like 3 straight verbal commitments from 3 star guys. I know we still in it for some 5 star guys but not sure how likely it is that get them. I wish Smalls and Flowe are still interested but not sure chances are reasonable with either.

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:17 am
by greenyellow
This year's class is definitely not going to top last year's, but mainly because it'll be smaller and the 2020 class on the West Coast (namely OL, DL, and LB) is not as talented/highly rated as the 2019 crop.

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 am
by alxtw
GoDucksIn09 wrote:If the class is to top last years class we will need some major fireworks. Been some misses lately and like 3 straight verbal commitments from 3 star guys. I know we still in it for some 5 star guys but not sure how likely it is that get them. I wish Smalls and Flowe are still interested but not sure chances are reasonable with either.
What happen with Smalls? Thought he was very interested before?

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:16 am
by greenyellow
alxtw wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:If the class is to top last years class we will need some major fireworks. Been some misses lately and like 3 straight verbal commitments from 3 star guys. I know we still in it for some 5 star guys but not sure how likely it is that get them. I wish Smalls and Flowe are still interested but not sure chances are reasonable with either.
What happen with Smalls? Thought he was very interested before?
Sounds like he wants to head somewhere down South.

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 am
by UOducksTK1
Marcus Harper announcing Thursday. Signs point to Ducks

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 pm
by thomas time
Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:37 pm
by ncduck
thomas time wrote:Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."
Sounds like he turned 17 today. That’s a big 17 year old.

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:38 pm
by rsbgduck
ncduck wrote:
thomas time wrote:Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."
Sounds like he turned 17 today. That’s a big 17 year old.
Who will either still be 17 or a just turned 18 depending on when he gets on campus. The ceiling for this kid is very high IMO

Re: New commit incoming?

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:30 pm
by GrandpaDuck
thomas time wrote:Harper quacked tonight announcing on a video. "Oregon has everything I look for in a school," said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Harper. "They are contenders to be in the national championship and I have a chance to come in and make an immediate impact as a freshman."
Looks like Coach Graves has struck again and that height and bulk ought to give Ruthie some much needed backup..