Should Oregon recruit another QB?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Should Oregon recruit another QB?

Post by Merganzer »

This article from FishDuck, https://fishduck.com/2019/07/could-oreg ... -prospect/ does a good job of bringing to light a recruiting option facing the Ducks. The gist of it is: Does Oregon risk ruffling the feathers of Butterfield by actively recruiting/signing another QB, whose stock is rising, in the same class?
maxduck
Senior
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Should Oregon recruit another QB?

Post by maxduck »

According to Nemec Jay Butterfield knew Oregon would recruit two QB's.

He said open communication with the coaching staff about their recruiting situation at quarterback was a big part of growing comfortable with the Ducks.

“They were very up front that they are taking two quarterbacks and coach (Marcus) Arroyo and staff made me feel like I was a priority as well,” he said. “I’m a pretty simple person and I’ve never had a set commitment date in mind, I’ve always said that when it feels right I will commit. And today it feels right.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... ducks.html
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Should Oregon recruit another QB?

Post by jimmy12 »

maxduck wrote:According to Nemec Jay Butterfield knew Oregon would recruit two QB's.

He said open communication with the coaching staff about their recruiting situation at quarterback was a big part of growing comfortable with the Ducks.

“They were very up front that they are taking two quarterbacks and coach (Marcus) Arroyo and staff made me feel like I was a priority as well,” he said. “I’m a pretty simple person and I’ve never had a set commitment date in mind, I’ve always said that when it feels right I will commit. And today it feels right.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... ducks.html
Wasn't this in reference to DJ? While I agree that he has been patient and accepting of the honesty, the question above is interesting. Now that you're the guy, is it offensive if they try to find another guy?

I would like to think not, but kids are kids.
User avatar
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
GM: Orlando Magic GM
Location: Florida

Re: Should Oregon recruit another QB?

Post by FlDuckFan »

jimmy12 wrote:
maxduck wrote:According to Nemec Jay Butterfield knew Oregon would recruit two QB's.

He said open communication with the coaching staff about their recruiting situation at quarterback was a big part of growing comfortable with the Ducks.

“They were very up front that they are taking two quarterbacks and coach (Marcus) Arroyo and staff made me feel like I was a priority as well,” he said. “I’m a pretty simple person and I’ve never had a set commitment date in mind, I’ve always said that when it feels right I will commit. And today it feels right.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... ducks.html
Wasn't this in reference to DJ? While I agree that he has been patient and accepting of the honesty, the question above is interesting. Now that you're the guy, is it offensive if they try to find another guy?

I would like to think not, but kids are kids.
I believe the thing was if DJ commited they were only going to take 1 QB , but since he went to Clemson they were upfront with the fact that they wanted 2 guys.
Post Reply