Personally, I'll be paying attention to how he does this year for Rancho Cucumonga HS. His tape shows glimpses from last year, so the tools appear to be there, but he still is putting it all together.
2020 QB Receives Offer
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
2020 QB Receives Offer
After some speculation following his MVP performance at the Elite 11, CJ Stroud receives an offer from Oregon.
Personally, I'll be paying attention to how he does this year for Rancho Cucumonga HS. His tape shows glimpses from last year, so the tools appear to be there, but he still is putting it all together.
Personally, I'll be paying attention to how he does this year for Rancho Cucumonga HS. His tape shows glimpses from last year, so the tools appear to be there, but he still is putting it all together.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
I wonder why two qbs?
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Three potential reasons:jimmy12 wrote:I wonder why two qbs?
1) Coaches feel he's a can't-miss prospect
2) A transfer is expected
3) Coaches aren't happy with the talent in their room
It used to be that you wanted 4 QBs. Now, it seems like 3 is more typical. So, a fourth reason is to try to get closer to that 'ideal' number.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Could it also indicate that they may not like next year’s qb class?
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1413
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Nah, I just think they want 4 guys on scholly. They told Butterfield prior to his commitment that they were planning to take 2 QBs this cycle. It would be way too early to evaluate Millen's talent, and I feel like everyone walked away from the Spring game feeling good about Shough's performance. Having 4 guys is ideal, because 1-2 transfers/injuries can debilitate a team with only 3 (though the same could be said about 4, I suppose. haha).
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
I think it’s smart. Everyone was locked in on: Mahalak, Rodrigues, Burneister etc cause most teams take one QB. If that QB is a bust you’re screwed.
I still need think we might explore a grad transfer QB next year, especially if Herbert has a big year and Oregon is more tempting to a top guy.
I still need think we might explore a grad transfer QB next year, especially if Herbert has a big year and Oregon is more tempting to a top guy.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
This is the kid I was talking about when he won camp MVP. I love Butterfield, but getting two QBs would be great and we need the depth.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
I also thought we should have offered Jayden Daniels last year (rumor was he wanted an Oregon offer) but we didn't want to take 2 QB's last cycle. It's always good to stock up on QBs with how often they transfer nowadays.
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Daniels was just named the starter for Arizona State.lukeyrid13 wrote:I also thought we should have offered Jayden Daniels last year (rumor was he wanted an Oregon offer) but we didn't want to take 2 QB's last cycle. It's always good to stock up on QBs with how often they transfer nowadays.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Well Tate Martell will be in the transfer portal and he's already got his hardship approved!lukeyrid13 wrote:I think it’s smart. Everyone was locked in on: Mahalak, Rodrigues, Burneister etc cause most teams take one QB. If that QB is a bust you’re screwed.
I still need think we might explore a grad transfer QB next year, especially if Herbert has a big year and Oregon is more tempting to a top guy.

- JIDuck97
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 993
- Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Lol. No thanks.Duck07 wrote:Well Tate Martell will be in the transfer portal and he's already got his hardship approved!lukeyrid13 wrote:I think it’s smart. Everyone was locked in on: Mahalak, Rodrigues, Burneister etc cause most teams take one QB. If that QB is a bust you’re screwed.
I still need think we might explore a grad transfer QB next year, especially if Herbert has a big year and Oregon is more tempting to a top guy.
-
northbeachsf
- Freshman
- Posts: 1494
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm
