Page 1 of 1
2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:03 am
by StevensTechU
After some speculation following his MVP performance at the Elite 11, CJ Stroud receives an offer from Oregon.
Personally, I'll be paying attention to how he does this year for Rancho Cucumonga HS. His tape shows glimpses from last year, so the tools appear to be there, but he still is putting it all together.
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:31 am
by jimmy12
I wonder why two qbs?
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 am
by StevensTechU
jimmy12 wrote:I wonder why two qbs?
Three potential reasons:
1) Coaches feel he's a can't-miss prospect
2) A transfer is expected
3) Coaches aren't happy with the talent in their room
It used to be that you wanted 4 QBs. Now, it seems like 3 is more typical. So, a fourth reason is to try to get closer to that 'ideal' number.
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:10 am
by jimmy12
Could it also indicate that they may not like next year’s qb class?
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 am
by droop10
Nah, I just think they want 4 guys on scholly. They told Butterfield prior to his commitment that they were planning to take 2 QBs this cycle. It would be way too early to evaluate Millen's talent, and I feel like everyone walked away from the Spring game feeling good about Shough's performance. Having 4 guys is ideal, because 1-2 transfers/injuries can debilitate a team with only 3 (though the same could be said about 4, I suppose. haha).
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am
by lukeyrid13
I think it’s smart. Everyone was locked in on: Mahalak, Rodrigues, Burneister etc cause most teams take one QB. If that QB is a bust you’re screwed.
I still need think we might explore a grad transfer QB next year, especially if Herbert has a big year and Oregon is more tempting to a top guy.
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:59 pm
by GoDucksTroll
This is the kid I was talking about when he won camp MVP. I love Butterfield, but getting two QBs would be great and we need the depth.
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:01 pm
by lukeyrid13
I also thought we should have offered Jayden Daniels last year (rumor was he wanted an Oregon offer) but we didn't want to take 2 QB's last cycle. It's always good to stock up on QBs with how often they transfer nowadays.
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:39 pm
by maxduck
lukeyrid13 wrote:I also thought we should have offered Jayden Daniels last year (rumor was he wanted an Oregon offer) but we didn't want to take 2 QB's last cycle. It's always good to stock up on QBs with how often they transfer nowadays.
Daniels was just named the starter for Arizona State.
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 pm
by Duck07
lukeyrid13 wrote:I think it’s smart. Everyone was locked in on: Mahalak, Rodrigues, Burneister etc cause most teams take one QB. If that QB is a bust you’re screwed.
I still need think we might explore a grad transfer QB next year, especially if Herbert has a big year and Oregon is more tempting to a top guy.
Well Tate Martell will be in the transfer portal and he's already got his hardship approved!
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:31 am
by JIDuck97
Duck07 wrote:lukeyrid13 wrote:I think it’s smart. Everyone was locked in on: Mahalak, Rodrigues, Burneister etc cause most teams take one QB. If that QB is a bust you’re screwed.
I still need think we might explore a grad transfer QB next year, especially if Herbert has a big year and Oregon is more tempting to a top guy.
Well Tate Martell will be in the transfer portal and he's already got his hardship approved!
Lol. No thanks.
Re: 2020 QB Receives Offer
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am
by northbeachsf