Boardingham visiting Oregon
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40565
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Boardingham visiting Oregon
https://247sports.com/Player/Arlis-Boar ... -46081164/
We just offered. One I could see picking Oregon.
We just offered. One I could see picking Oregon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
partytime1667
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 pm
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Pretty solid offer list
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15149
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Whenever I see the title positioned “athlete” I imagine someone that runs faster than a 4.92 forty.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
hslack
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 pm
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
I mean that time was from 2 years ago. Hopefully he’s gotten faster since then.OregonFan4Life wrote:Whenever I see the title positioned “athlete” I imagine someone that’s runs faster than a 4.92 forty.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Yea, Hudl highlights don't make him look very fast. But he is probably a tight end in college, so needs great hands, not necessarily tons of speed.OregonFan4Life wrote:Whenever I see the title positioned “athlete” I imagine someone that’s runs faster than a 4.92 forty.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Under the radar guy despite the 4-star rating from 247 and the impressive offer list.
99% sure that everyone wants him as a linebacker/edge even if they’re saying TE or WR.
99% sure that everyone wants him as a linebacker/edge even if they’re saying TE or WR.
-
mrpd21
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 am
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
I know it's mostly cause I introduced to and got my kids on a Family Matters bender yesterday, but his 247 pic is giving me some Carl Winslow vibes. Kid looks old, like he just retired from the CFL and re-enrolled in College.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8648
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Boardingham visiting Oregon
He supposedly runs a 10.9 100.
Edit: After looking it up, looks like his official 100m PR is actually 11.42. He also has a 21’-11” long jump and a 43’-9” triple jump, which were good for 4th and 2nd place, respectively, at the LA City section finals. All of which were from his freshman year so I would assume his numbers have improved. He stated in a Junior year interview that his goal 100m time was 10.7 so maybe he’s been running in the 10s at practice.
Edit: After looking it up, looks like his official 100m PR is actually 11.42. He also has a 21’-11” long jump and a 43’-9” triple jump, which were good for 4th and 2nd place, respectively, at the LA City section finals. All of which were from his freshman year so I would assume his numbers have improved. He stated in a Junior year interview that his goal 100m time was 10.7 so maybe he’s been running in the 10s at practice.

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Likely not deciding until Friday. Plus, it seems Florida still leads a bit due to both his parents making the trip to Gainesville but only his mother making the Eugene trip.

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
-
pairadux
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:05 pm
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Every time I see a recruit setting their announcement time, I look to see if they list PST or EST, regardless of where they live but more in respect of the schools they're down to. Seems to be an indicator of where they'll go. Not a lot of science behind my method, I know. But if people can live their lives by astrology, then I can use my Time Zone Announcement System.
So I'm using TZAS to predict an Oregon commit!
I'm sure somewhere, there's data on this.
So I'm using TZAS to predict an Oregon commit!
I'm sure somewhere, there's data on this.
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Interesting analysis. I'd be more confident if he doesn't live in PST and writes he's committing at PST time. That would be a huge indication he's committing here.pairadux wrote:Every time I see a recruit setting their announcement time, I look to see if they list PST or EST, regardless of where they live but more in respect of the schools they're down to. Seems to be an indicator of where they'll go. Not a lot of science behind my method, I know. But if people can live their lives by astrology, then I can use my Time Zone Announcement System.
So I'm using TZAS to predict an Oregon commit!
I'm sure somewhere, there's data on this.
But he lives in PST, so it could just be for his own convenience and to make sure people/his fans don't miss his commitment and he can rack up some hits and followers. I do hope that you're right and he commits here though!
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
Dave Iuli's announcement notice gave his time in eastern time.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Boardingham visiting Oregon
I think that’s because he was committing on CBS HQ, or whatever owns 247, on the NSD live stream.StevensTechU wrote:Dave Iuli's announcement notice gave his time in eastern time.