jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

DASL Trade Market

Post by jibbajabba614 »

DASL trade market:

1. Brian Quinnett

SG 31 6'8'' 235 B+ A- C+ A- C

Scoring shooting guards are hard to come by. Quinnett is easily one of the top shooting guards in DASL. 3x All Star, 3x All DASL player. Career avg scoring 17ppg but last two seasons, he has avg 28ppg. Asking price will probably be a top ten player in DASL or a haul of draft pick/youth. If he plays into he’s 36, his contract can be an issue.

2. Kenny Smith

C+ B+ A- A- D+

Right now, probably the best available prospect. Two time DASL MVP. 6x All DASL player. 4x All Star. Only reason he’s at number two on the marker is due to Q’s scoring last three seasons. Can excel in either outside or inside offense. Played great with Michael Jordan in a incredible backcourt. Haul will easily be a top player or bunch of draft picks/youth.

3. Latrell Sprewell

SG 27 6'5'' 190 B+ A- B- A D

By past seasons, Spree is definitely not a top player on the trade market. But last two seasons, he has increased his production. Has gotten better each season. Fits into a more inside focus offense. He can play in a outside focus focus due to his jump shot. I’m sure the price is steep for Spree. Been on market since last season and still hasn’t been moved. And probably see him stay if Kings contend.

4. Michael Jordan

SG 34 6'6'' 195 B+ A- C A- C-

GM’s going into a discussion thinking they will win. Yeah his contract is high. And yeah he’s 34 years old. But with his production, your talking about a top ten player still. Career avg 28ppg player your talking about. His achievements; 9x All DASL player, 5x All Defensive player, 9x All Star. Could easily net a top young player or a haul of draft picks.

5. Kevin Johnson

PG 31 6'1'' 180 B- B A B D+

The D potential doesn’t bother since he’s still 31. What does is the contract. You don’t have a ton of contending teams with cap to work with, leaving teams looking to compete to make a good offer. 5x All Star who can put up 16/10 as a point guard. Interesting what he can do as a shooting guard. Clippers need a big so they will look for a top big or haul of picks.

6. Chauncey Billups

PG 21 6'3'' 202 C+ C+ B+ B- D

Honestly, I don’t see him getting moved. Has the potential to be a top PG in DASL. I’m sure a haul of draft picks/youth would have to do the trick. With Antoine/LJ peaking, Bulls may try to go win now mode. Depending on the talent, Billups and Owens for a top player on the market is good value.

7. Charles Barkley

PF 34 6'6'' 252 C+ C D A- A-

Market is tough for Barkley. Many teams tanking and many teams in cap woes. A 34 year old making 20 mill is a tough contract to take in. But for teams looking to compete and needing a PF, Barkley is elite. 9x All Defensive player, 1 time defensive player of the year, 8x All DASL player, 4x All Star. Still an elite player you can get for an expiring and late 1st…

8. Sharone Wright

C 25 6'11'' 260 B C D A- B+

1994 Rookie of the year. He hasn’t had the success he had since his rookie campaign. Decrease in minutes and points took a toll but remained a solid defender and good rebounder. The age and potential will keep rebuilding teams away but for teams contending, draft picks will be included.

9. Scottie Pippen

SF 32 6'8'' 210 B- B C+ A- A-

For a contending team who can afford Pippen’s contract and in need of a SF; Pippen is a must. 15 mill/1 year with bird rights. May take a first to get deal done. Doug Smith just got sold for a pick swap. Has been pretty productive in the last three seasons.

10. Brad Daughtery

C 32 6'11'' 245 A- D+ C C+ A-

Tough contract to take in. But only two years left. I could see Pacers or Clippers going for him. 18/10 career average player. May not have the awards, but Daughtery has been consistent. Probably one the cheaper players on the market due to his contract.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: DASL Trade Market

Post by lukeyrid13 »

No poll?
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:No poll?
I did the research. More just helping other GM’s
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Fair enough. Good article either way

I don’t think KJ gets a multitude of picks but that’s just me. I struggled to find suitors for Payton
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Fair enough. Good article either way

I don’t think KJ gets a multitude of picks but that’s just me. I struggled to find suitors for Payton
Yeah, market for PG and C is tougher. But I don’t see Clippers moving him without that type of package.

But yeah GP in this market would be top 7 easily.
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

Spree went +1 inside and +2 outside last TC. He was pretty cheap but now he has one of the best rating lines in the league

I can see Quinnett holding more value as he just ran off a 300 ppg season for a top team, but Spree > everyone else listed easily

Surprised people aren't lining up to trade for him. He looks ridiculous now. Haven't even gotten one offer since TC.

He's not moving until he shows what he is now capable of in preseason anyway
Kings
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

JB wrote:Spree went +1 inside and +2 outside last TC. He was pretty cheap but now he has one of the best rating lines in the league

I can see Quinnett holding more value as he just ran off a 300 ppg season for a top team, but Spree > everyone else listed easily

Surprised people aren't lining up to trade for him. He looks ridiculous now. Haven't even gotten one offer since TC.

To be fair you kinda made it sound like he wasnt available anymore after TC lol
SUNS GM
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Two top-5 players available on the trade market. Affirmative.

I’m torn between trying to contend, which I’m quire confident I can, or waiting another season.
---

PistolPeteJR
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

Craig wrote:
JB wrote:Spree went +1 inside and +2 outside last TC. He was pretty cheap but now he has one of the best rating lines in the league

To be fair you kinda made it sound like he wasnt available anymore after TC lol
For what its worth, nothing on my team will ever be untouchable. Just not how we operate.
Kings
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

pistolpetejr wrote:Two top-5 players available on the trade market. Affirmative.

I’m torn between trying to contend, which I’m quire confident I can, or waiting another season.
I know this was probably a condescending comment, but as a new GM who do people think is the actual top 5-10 players in the league right now? Would help me out to see perceived value
Kings
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

JB wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:Two top-5 players available on the trade market. Affirmative.

I know this was probably a condescending comment, but as a new GM who do people think is the actual top 5-10 players in the league right now? Would help me out to see perceived value
Condescending? What?
---

PistolPeteJR
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

JB wrote:

Hmm I smell an article?
SUNS GM
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

pistolpetejr wrote:
JB wrote:

Condescending? What?
Oh sorry, it's hard to read tone through text. I thought you were saying Spree isn't a top 5 guy. Which like, I don't think he is either.
Kings
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I was working on a trade value column and scrapped it cause it was too difficult to rank

Roughly though
- shaq
- zo
- Garnett
- Kendall Gill
- Kobe
- Duncan
- Ray Allen
- AI
- Quinnett
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I was working on a trade value column and scrapped it cause it was too difficult to rank

Roughly though
- shaq
- zo
- Garnett
- Kendall Gill
- Kobe
- Duncan
- Ray Allen
- AI
- Quinnett
You forgot Mark Blount