40%

Total votes: 89
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Will Kent be fired after this season?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Assuming we finish the season with 0 or 1 pac 10 wins, will ernie be fired? Not should he be fired, because I know a lot of you here think he should. But will he?

Assuming we finish the season with 0 or 1 pac 10 wins, will ernie be fired? Not should he be fired, because I know a lot of you here think he should. But will he? I personally hope so. Ernie is a great guy and a great recruiting. He has done some great things here at UO. But with a new stadium nearly finished, it feels like it's time to turn the page. Get someone new in here that can coach (especially defense!). My 2 cents..

With all that being said, I think he will get fired.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Will Kent be fired after this season?

Post by pudgejeff »

I say it depends between the 1 and 0 wins...0 wins yes 1 win no and I feel like we'll win at least one so I voted no.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Thing is, I don't know what the difference would be between 1 pac-10 win and 3, especially if the team finishes in last place. It's an awful year either way.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I expected to loose a bunch this year but this is ridiculous and unacceptable!

I love his recruiting ability but we need a coach!

GO DUCKS!!
Last edited by briarduck on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

I don't think there's a difference between 1 and 3 only 1 and 0...I don't think they wanna fire him but if you don't win one I don't see much of a choice...You just can't do that.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think they will win a few games, but that Kent will be fired if they win 0 or 1. Regardless, I think he should be fired anyway.
dudefromor
Two Star Recruit

Post by dudefromor »

i think kent will still be the coach unfortunately.

we need to lure a guy like mark few in to coach for us.
"Jeremiah Masoli took home the game's offensive most outstanding player award and then broke into song. Kidding."
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... ID=3640641
scaredhitless08
Two Star Recruit

Post by scaredhitless08 »

pudgejeff wrote:I don't think there's a difference between 1 and 3 only 1 and 0...I don't think they wanna fire him but if you don't win one I don't see much of a choice...You just can't do that.
That's how I see it also, 1 win saves him.. If we play out the season without a single conference win, I don't see how you can't let him go.

Side note, I've always supported EK, never been one to hop on the FIRE EK bandwagon, but with the way this season is progressing.. How can you not fire him? Unacceptable play even for a young team..
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

He should go but the administration will give him the chance to develop this class and open the new arena that he had a hand in getting built
Duckxing
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckxing »

Will he be fired? NO. Should he be fired? YES! Ernie should have been let go a long time ago. At least it won't cost as much to fire him now.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It doesn't matter what his record is, he will not be fired. He will just smooth talk Killkenny & any other donors who want him fired. Just like he does with recruits, the dudes got a silver tounge.
sjducks
One Star Recruit

Post by sjducks »

i wish we could just fire him as head coach, but keep him as director of recruiting or something like that since it recruiting seems to be him forte.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

If we go 0-18, I think so.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

He won't but he should be, but that is OK because next season I don't see this team doing that good, they might win 10-12 games so he will be fired next season. The youth excuse doesn't fly with me because even a young inexperienced team with the kind of talent the Ducks have should win a few games and shouldn't get beat by 12+ points on average every game. I would rather get 2-3* guys with a coach that can develop and coach his guys to win then the high 3* and 4* guys Kent gets because with his coaching they play like a bunch of -1* guys. I appreciate what Kent has done to turn the program around but he has reached his time to step down so the team can move forward. A lot of people are going to be unhappy when $200+ million was spent on a arena when the team sucks and can't fill the seats and creates no revenue when the money could have been spent on other school projects. Sorry Kent but it is time to go, give someone else an opportunity, you have had yours.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Right we should go back to the 2* and 3* star recruits that we're supposedly coached up so well and never went to NCAA tournaments and never were even in the conversation for pac-10 titles...good call that'll fill the arena...Gotta love the logic...well I mean lack there of