Ernie is Delusional

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Ernie is Delusional

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... eavers.csp

I asked Kent if he was concerned how Saturday’s result — meaning not just the Ducks’ loss, but the way they lost — would affect the perception of the program. He launched into a defense that began with the claim recruits are “calling us like crazy right now” and moved on to the idea that national perception is better than the local view.

“On the outside, the perception is ‘My goodness, look what you’ve done for Oregon basketball,’ ” Kent said.

Theses quotes are absolutely absurd. The fact that he has the gall to come up with this garbage right after a blow out loss to the beevs us just un-freaking-believable. Get over yourself, your massive ego & leave with some dignity, please.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Ernie is Delusional

Post by pudgejeff »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... eavers.csp

I asked Kent if he was concerned how Saturday’s result — meaning not just the Ducks’ loss, but the way they lost — would affect the perception of the program. He launched into a defense that began with the claim recruits are “calling us like crazy right now” and moved on to the idea that national perception is better than the local view.

“On the outside, the perception is ‘My goodness, look what you’ve done for Oregon basketball,’ ” Kent said.

Theses quotes are absolutely absurd. The fact that he has the gall to come up with this garbage right after a blow out loss to the beevs us just un-freaking-believable. Get over yourself, your massive ego & leave with some dignity, please.
Maybe you should pay some attention but what he's saying is true...You wanna view the basketball team as if they're on the level of the football team and they're not...And he does have ridiculous high level recruits with high levels of interest in the Ducks...I.E. Wroten, who dropped us down a little bit due to rumors of EK being let go...If that doesn't spell it out plainly to you I don't know what would.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

pudgejeff wrote:

Maybe you should pay some attention but what he's saying is true...You wanna view the basketball team as if they're on the level of the football team and they're not...And he does have ridiculous high level recruits with high levels of interest in the Ducks...I.E. Wroten, who dropped us down a little bit due to rumors of EK being let go...If that doesn't spell it out plainly to you I don't know what would.
But Jeff, that is in part because of an unknown. If O were to actually replace Ernie with a coach on par with Mark Few, the pendulem would actully swing to more quality recruits wanting in.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

UofDuck wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

But Jeff, that is in part because of an unknown. If O were to actually replace Ernie with a coach on par with Mark Few, the pendulem would swing to more quality recruits wanting in then what our program is looking like at the moment - worst in the Pac Ten AGAIN.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

At this point, I would rather have a bunch of 2 star recruits with a new coach than have 4 star recruits with Kent staying. Kent acts as if nothing is wrong, and his act is old already.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:

Thats not the point of my post. The fact that after a blow out loss, just one of many on the season, all he can come up with is "My goodness look what I have done for this program! How dare you question me!" is just ridiculous.

Kent's ego has outgrown our tiny little program. Time for him to move on to a big time program that he so deserves. I mean, look at all HE has done for our program!
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Hahah, it's laughable that the national perception is different from the local one. I have family in Indiana (big basketball country) and all they do is laugh at me when I try and talk trash. Ernie is a world class salesman, but it can only go on so long. Right now we're a second class bball program, and it's ridiculous. The arguments being put forth by Jeff are the same we heard about football 10 years ago; look at us now.

The only positives we have going for us BBall wise, nationally, is due in large to the upcoming state of the art arena (which at this rate will be an empty one), and the flashy uniforms (the success of the football team doesn't hurt exposure either).
AKA: CAgrown
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Wroten and Jones have dropped Oregon. What recruits is he exactly referring to?
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

He does realize that he is calling every sing Oregon fan ignorant, right?
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:He does realize that he is calling every sing Oregon fan ignorant, right?
He's been doing it for years, He always is taking jabs at the fans that dissaprove of his coaching ability.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

What is the point of getting high 3* and 4* players if you can't coach them. The Ducks who have a roster of young highly touted recruits just got their asses kicked to a bunch of young 2 * players, why? Because Craig Robinson is a better coach not because the Beavers have better players. Kent was lucky to have Freddy Jones, Luke Ridnour, Luke Jackson, Aaron Brooks, etc. to save him multiple times from being fired. His time is up there is no one on this team that will be able to save him.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

We're talking in circles and it's going to continue through March. Let's have some fun with this thread. Who would replace Ernie. Mark Few was mentioned above. I could go with that but who else might be attracted by a PAC 10 coaching position, rabid fans, Phil Knight as a booster, and a $200M new arena? Oh... and unlimited Nike gear.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

Mark Few is perfect, make him the godfather offer.

He's the celing for head coach next year and that's the dream, the basement is Ernie.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I just want a coach who can keep in state talent stay in Oregon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z131dM4O8Gc

Jones is ridiculous.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Few is out! He turned down the job at the end of last season, thus allowing EK to stay another year. Few is NOT going to take the Oregon job. I wish he had, because we would not be in this mess going into the new arena next season. Even worse, now that Bellotti is the AD, Kent will be the coach next season.