2010 Recruits...what are our chances with...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

briarduck
Senior

2010 Recruits...what are our chances with...

Post by briarduck »

**** SF Terrence Jones 6'8" 220 (Portland, OR)
***** C Josh Smith 6'10" 270 (Covington, WA)

I know we've offered both and I assume Jones is considering us but what are our chances with these guys?

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Re: 2010 Recruits...what are our chances with...

Post by Mops »

Jones is the real deal and will most likely go on and be a good college player. He was a 6'3 PG his freshmen year when he started for Jefferson HS and they went to the playoffs. Then that summer he grew 5 inches and is now a 6'8 SF/PF that can also play the point pretty well. He will be a big matchup problem for many schools on both ends as he can truely play 4 spots(PG,SG,SF,PF). He's very athletic and very long. More of a slasher type player on offense than a deadly shooter but can extend out and hit the open shot.

Smith is most likely the top 2010 prospect and will go somewhere and play one or two years max. Look for L'Ville to be a major player as he is best friends with Peyton Siva who is from Washington and signed with Rick Pitino this past fall. I dont think we have any shot at Smith.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Thanks mops I remember talking about about Jones a while back is he high on us or just another school on his list? BTW I think we need a slasher type player because not many of our guys can create their own shot!

I figured we'd be a long shot with Josh...

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

I just hope Smith doesn't stay home and play for the Dawgs.