Top 10 Preseason Polls

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by Bud Lee »

My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M
4) Stanford
5) Ohio State
6) Florida State
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
Last edited by Bud Lee on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by karlhungis »

Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by Bud Lee »

karlhungis wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.
I decided I had A&M too low and Ohio too high so I adjusted but I don't see them jumping y'all. I would be shocked. If both of the tackles come back A&M is going to win the conference and be in the national title game next year.
squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by squintsdd »

Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida

Notre Dame loses their top defensive player to graduation, and they got explosed in the NCG. I had to drop them out for them preseason top 10

Florida State loses their EJ Manuel, who was responsible for 27 TD's last season. They gotta find someone to replace him, and the guy with the most experience is Clint Trickett, wjo I think is servicable, but not nearly as good as Manuel. I had to drop them from the top 10
Last edited by squintsdd on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellsduck
Senior
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by bellsduck »

Bud Lee wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.
I decided I had A&M too low and Ohio too high so I adjusted but I don't see them jumping y'all. I would be shocked. If both of the tackles come back A&M is going to win the conference and be in the national title game next year.
I like your new top 10. I'm with you on Texas A&M. I do think they lose too much to this years draft but will still get a lot of votes. Plus Notre Dame love is always worth a few extra spots. Here's mine.
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Florida State
5) Notre Dame
6) Stanford
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Texas A&M
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by Bud Lee »

squintsdd wrote: 1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida
Louisville at 9th shocks me considering they finished 13th this year and play in Big East. Not saying I don't see happening, they do have Bridgewater coming back after all, but it would surprise me though. They are still in the Big East until 2014 right? They should have no problem winning that conference again.
squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by squintsdd »

Bud Lee wrote:
squintsdd wrote: 1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida
Louisville at 9th shocks me considering they finished 13th this year and play in Big East. Not saying I don't see happening, they do have Bridgewater coming back after all, but it would surprise me though. They are still in the Big East until 2014 right? They should have no problem winning that conference again.
All their top skill guys come back, I'm pretty sure nobody is declaring early, and they don't lose much to graduation. Given that I couldn't keep them out of the top 10, and they also finished the season with a win over Florida
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Texas, Florida St and Florida all will be in the preseason top 10. It's tradition. Might as well throw Oklahoma in there too
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by karlhungis »

A&M: Johnny football coming back + only team to beat Bama + in the SEC = PRE-SEASON HYPE OVERLOAD
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
Boom
All Pac-12
Posts: 5776
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 pm
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by Boom »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Texas, Florida St and Florida all will be in the preseason top 10. It's tradition. Might as well throw Oklahoma in there too
Don't forget about USC! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
QuackininBama
All Pac-12
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 am

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by QuackininBama »

Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M
4) Stanford
5) Ohio State
6) Florida State
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
That looks pretty good with a couple minor changes:
1) Bama
2) Texas A&M
3) Ohio State
4) Oregon
5) Notre Dame
6) Stanford
7) Georgia
8) Florida
9) South Carolina
10)Clemson
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by Elduderino »

This is an interesting exercise for the offseason...

1.) Bama
2.) Oregon
3.) tOSU
4.) aTm
5.) Stanford
6.) Georgia
7.) So. Carolina
8.) Louisville
9.) Clemson
10.) Notre Dame/FSU

I think there is a clear top 3 and then a few teams that are very similar in terms of caliber of the team. I think of A&M and Stanford that way, and Notre Dame-FSU as well.

IMO the easiest paths to the BCS title game belong to Louisville and tOSU. Louiville bought themselves some credibility in their boat-race of Florida, and as Bud notes, I don't see a legit BE challenger to them. As for tOSU, they too do not have a clear cut B1G challenger; plus Braxton Miller is going to be nasty next year. Going into Cal can get tricky though, as we all know too well.

Already looking forward to the Spring Game.
Last edited by Elduderino on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA: CAgrown
User avatar
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
Location: Hockinson, WA

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by AutzenMember »

squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by squintsdd »

AutzenMember wrote:Schlabach's answer...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... 013-top-25
Wow. With the exception of a couple of teams in different spots, Schlabach and I pretty much agree
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Post by Bud Lee »

13th is right where I would have LSU
Post Reply