National Title Game

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: National Title Game

Post by Bud Lee »

brich75 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
brich75 wrote:How long until we hear the "this bama team could beat an NFL team" crap!
Not as bad as the team SEC crap.
Not sure off top of my head but I think they were like 1-4 in bowl games this year.?

:lol: you're joking right?

SEC went 6-3

PAC 4-4

Big 10 2-5

Big 12 6-3

ACC 4-2

Big East 3-2
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: National Title Game

Post by Bud Lee »

Braveheart wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
Braveheart wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:To be honest.......tonight, the way Alabama is playing, I don't see Oregon beating them. They are just throwing these guys around like rag dolls. This bama team is no joke.
The problem is, Notre Dame IS a joke. Texas A&M already beat them, and Oregon is a better version of that team. As stated before, thanks BCS...thanks for nothin.
Stanford beat Oregon. Alabama is a better version of Stanford.
I don't hear a lot of people talking about this, but I really think that loss to Stanford had a lot to do with the terrible weather that day. Bad weather always favors the big, power-blocking team.

I don't know if Oregon would beat Alabama this year, but I do know this: Chip is going to be preparing his team for an SEC defense. The only mountain he has yet to conquer. I don't think there is any doubt that Oregon should have been in this game instead of Notre Lame. It would never happen though, without a playoff.
I think UO is a good match-up for anybody. I'm just using the Stanford loss as a counter for anybody using the "We're better than A&M, A&M beat Bama" argument. I don't believe in the transitive property when it comes to sports.

Yeah, that's like saying LSU beat Washington, Washington beat Stanford, Stanford beat Ducks, LSU is better than the Ducks....see does not work like that. Not to mention that you guys are only saying you're better than A&M, I thinking that would not be a guarantee win for you. Those guys are legit too
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: National Title Game

Post by buckmarkduck »

Stanford played out of their minds against UO, that's all. Arizona ran and threw all over them, UW beat them and OS should have beaten them. The Stanford team was tired of UO kicking the dog crap out of them yearly and rose up for one game, I expect Chip to have a little something extra for them next year.
User avatar
QuackininBama
All Pac-12
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 am

Re: National Title Game

Post by QuackininBama »

Stanford is one damn fine football team. Their offensive and defensive lines are excellent. Make no mistake, they are for real. I would guess this is what it felt like for the rest of the Pac-10-12 when Chip arrived and Oregon started winning games. They thought it was a fluke and we got lucky and we would return to average the next year. Well, probably about 3 years in people admitted that we weren't going away and we were the new Pac-12 power. This is how I feel about Stanford. While I don't think they will displace us as the best team in the Pac, they are for real and will be around for years to come nipping at our heels.
303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains

Re: National Title Game

Post by 303DucksFan »

QuackininBama wrote:Stanford is one damn fine football team. Their offensive and defensive lines are excellent. Make no mistake, they are for real. I would guess this is what it felt like for the rest of the Pac-10-12 when Chip arrived and Oregon started winning games. They thought it was a fluke and we got lucky and we would return to average the next year. Well, probably about 3 years in people admitted that we weren't going away and we were the new Pac-12 power. This is how I feel about Stanford. While I don't think they will displace us as the best team in the Pac, they are for real and will be around for years to come nipping at our heels.
I enjoy Stanford being good. Even though I don't root for my conference because my team sucks (most SEC fans) I would like to see the Pac-12 get the respect it deserves.
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: National Title Game

Post by Bud Lee »

303DucksFan wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Stanford is one damn fine football team. Their offensive and defensive lines are excellent. Make no mistake, they are for real. I would guess this is what it felt like for the rest of the Pac-10-12 when Chip arrived and Oregon started winning games. They thought it was a fluke and we got lucky and we would return to average the next year. Well, probably about 3 years in people admitted that we weren't going away and we were the new Pac-12 power. This is how I feel about Stanford. While I don't think they will displace us as the best team in the Pac, they are for real and will be around for years to come nipping at our heels.
I enjoy Stanford being good. Even though I don't root for my conference because my team sucks (most SEC fans) I would like to see the Pac-12 get the respect it deserves.
haha...you do realize that fans of good teams root for their conference brethren in the SEC too right?

Its about that respect, if your yearly opponents are doing bad you don't look as good when you beat them. Take the PAC this year, the Ducks had no chance of topping Bama in the polls because it was just you and Stanford at the top with a big gap between the rest. With that said the SEC was not popping this year either and that is probably an understatement but to get the "respect" of playing in a tough a conference and the awards that come with that the other guys in the conference have to win too...thus your mind set should be if they are not playing against they need to win. In addition to that, you are in the North so you want the North to dominate over the South.
Post Reply