hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
oregontrack
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
early, sure, but on the heels of justin upton declining a deal that would have brought him to seattle, i realized it's never too early to talk about the mariners.
personally, i'm glad upton vetoed the trade. i've never been high on him, and the cost was fairly substantial (reportedly, walker/franklin/furbush/pryor). the relievers don't matter much, but walker and franklin would have been a coup for the d-backs.
personally, i'm glad upton vetoed the trade. i've never been high on him, and the cost was fairly substantial (reportedly, walker/franklin/furbush/pryor). the relievers don't matter much, but walker and franklin would have been a coup for the d-backs.





- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
Yeah I'm also glad the deal didn't happen. I hear we're going for Stanton though. I don't really want to give up any of our stud pitchers in the system but we have quite a few that it shouldn't hurt as bad.
-
303DucksFan
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 698
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm
- Location: Rocky Mountains
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
My thoughts exactly and that's why.oregontrack wrote:early, sure, but on the heels of justin upton declining a deal that would have brought him to seattle, i realized it's never too early to talk about the mariners.
personally, i'm glad upton vetoed the trade. i've never been high on him, and the cost was fairly substantial (reportedly, walker/franklin/furbush/pryor). the relievers don't matter much, but walker and franklin would have been a coup for the d-backs.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
They better not give up Zunino either. Kid could be in Safeco by August

-
303DucksFan
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 698
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm
- Location: Rocky Mountains
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
They won't, catchers are hard to come by.Duck07 wrote:They better not give up Zunino either. Kid could be in Safeco by August
Last edited by 303DucksFan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
oregontrack
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
yeah, zunino is likely untouchable. he's the catcher of the future.





-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
I would get up one or maybe two of the young pitchers for Stanton, that guy is a BEAST!!! I don't see that happening, but I would in a heartbeat
-
303DucksFan
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 698
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm
- Location: Rocky Mountains
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
I agree. Stanton > Uptonthomas time wrote:I would get up one or maybe two of the young pitchers for Stanton, that guy is a BEAST!!! I don't see that happening, but I would in a heartbeat
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40597
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
Are we actually looking to realistically get Stanton? If so, link please.thomas time wrote:I would get up one or maybe two of the young pitchers for Stanton, that guy is a BEAST!!! I don't see that happening, but I would in a heartbeat

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11013
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
Even if Upton had come, his contract was up in 2 years. No way is he signing anywhere but Atlanta.
-
303DucksFan
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 698
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm
- Location: Rocky Mountains
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
Realistic to the point where Seattle wants him... I doubt Miami want's to move him just yet though.UOducksTK1 wrote:Are we actually looking to realistically get Stanton? If so, link please.thomas time wrote:I would get up one or maybe two of the young pitchers for Stanton, that guy is a BEAST!!! I don't see that happening, but I would in a heartbeat
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/giancarlo-stanton/
-
cordy02c
- Senior
- Posts: 3236
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
Mariners traded for Mike Morse in a 3 team trade and only had to give up jaso
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
I just saw that, good trade for them
-
oregontrack
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
-
uostudent
- Senior
- Posts: 3561
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
Re: hey look, a seattle mariners 2013 thread!
Agree with this. I'm a Dodgers fan, so this trade really has no impact on me.oregontrack wrote:hate the trade, personally.
Morse has excellent power, but he isn't a very patient hitter. He's also one of the worst defenders in the majors at any position, but particularly in the outfield. In addition, he's a terrible baserunner. If the Mariners hadn't signed Raul Ibanez, I would have assumed that they would have had Morse DH.
Outfield defense is particularly important in a spacious stadium like Safeco. Horrible deal for the Mariners.
The Mariners would have been better off overpaying for a guy like BJ Upton.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl