NFL Draft Thread
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Dion going 3 is pretty awesome, hope Miami ends up being a good fit for him.
Really stoked though to see Long at #20, that's awesome.
Packers got Datone Jones.. Sadly for a Pac-12 guy, I don't know a whole lot about him, so kinda neutral on the pick.
Really stoked though to see Long at #20, that's awesome.
Packers got Datone Jones.. Sadly for a Pac-12 guy, I don't know a whole lot about him, so kinda neutral on the pick.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- sickaduck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 466
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:10 pm
- Location: Medford
Re: NFL Draft Thread
I second this. Need more studs to keep that defense nasty.UofO8 wrote:Pretty excited to have my Niners pick up ReidBud Lee wrote:Love that pick for Eric Reed, great team for him to land on!
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
NFL Draft Thread
How excited is DAT to see a similarly sized player in Tavon Austin go top 10? Besides that, I'm shocked at the EJ Manuel pick and I'm a diehard FSU fan. Buffalo could have picked him at least 15 spots later. I feel horrible for Geno Smith. Watching him in the green room tonight was tough but after the Manuel pick, it didn't look good. Interested to see what happens early on tomorrow in round 2.
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Surprised to see Dion go to Miami, best of luck to him. I just Kurt Warner say he thinks he will have a really good year, Long to Chicago is a really good pick for them. Quite of few good players still out there, tomorrow will be very interesting to watch.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.
The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.
I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.
I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.
The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.
I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Yea, but Miami is going to trade for Branden Albert and when that happens that issue is moot. They get a guy they think will become another Jason Taylor and while the talk about the 43 is valid, it also ignores the fact that Miami isn't in their base D for 80% of the time either. You can put him at RE in the base and move him to WLB in the nickel and even as 2nd SS in the Dime. The key for Miami will be to move him around like we did to maximize his talent. Over 16 games if he gets over 10 sacks the criticism will go away.Phenom wrote:Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.
The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.
I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.

- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Not according to Big Suke lol (and I was driving and had no other way of getting update, don't judge)..Phenom wrote:Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.
The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.
I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
He was praising Oakland for trading down to #12 and still getting a guy they want.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Well there's your answer. LolUOducksTK1 wrote:Not according to Big Suke lol (and I was driving and had no other way of getting update, don't judge)..Phenom wrote:Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.
The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.
I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
He was praising Oakland for trading down to #12 and still getting a guy they want.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: NFL Draft Thread
- Peter King, SI4. I think, for me, the take-your-breath-away moment in the first round was Kyle Long over Manti Te'o, Tyler Eifert and Menelik Watson at 20 to the Bears. Chicago GM Phil Emery called him the highest-rated guard he's scouted in his last 12 draft classes. That's a wow -- and a good example of how different scouts and GMs look at players. Stunning, too, when you consider that universally, around the league, Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper -- or both -- were ranked higher on a vast majority of draft boards.

- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: NFL Draft Thread
I think the Titans just traded up to take Zach Ertz. Dang, he'd be nice for Chip.

- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Nope, just a wr with a case of the dropsies in Hunter.Duck07 wrote:I think the Titans just traded up to take Zach Ertz. Dang, he'd be nice for Chip.

- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Chips second pick is...Zach Ertz
Also, some of you are missing a Jake Locker win now or bust discussion right now.
Also, some of you are missing a Jake Locker win now or bust discussion right now.

-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11013
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: NFL Draft Thread
Zach will have to admit his shoulder was out, before CK lets him start.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown