Tyrese Cooper
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Tyrese Cooper
I was just going to post the same thing!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Tyrese Cooper
In August 2016, Cooper ran new personal bests in the 100, 200 and 400 meters. His 400 meters times of 45.23 seconds came within .09 seconds of Obea Moore’s World Youth Best and surpassed Kirani James for the fifth-fastest by a Youth (under 18) athlete ever.
-
laxattack22
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 am
Re: Tyrese Cooper
Looks like he could be a good get - quick google of him returned this link though, curious on your thought's on it?
https://www.milesplit.com/articles/2396 ... ary-charge
https://www.milesplit.com/articles/2396 ... ary-charge
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Tyrese Cooper
Makes this quote from him make sense: "I want to just get far away from South Florida and put some distance behind me."laxattack22 wrote:Looks like he could be a good get - quick google of him returned this link though, curious on your thought's on it?
https://www.milesplit.com/articles/2396 ... ary-charge
Sounds like he got arrested for breaking into a car. If he stays out of trouble I'm happy to interpret that as just a teenage mistake.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Tyrese Cooper
According to Athletic.net, his PR in the 100m in his junior year was 10.34. That's extremely legit speed and would make him one of the fastest ducks ever.
Kenjon Barner's college best was 10.71.
LaMike's college best was 10.52.
Devon Allen ran 10.48 at the same age (10.36 as a collegiate PR).
Recently, only Thomas Tyner could maybe beat him in a foot race at the same age. He ran a 10.35 as a junior before all the injuries piled on.
Samie Parker ran a 10.18 back in 2003 while at UofO. Most Ducks DBs/WRs/RBs are in the low 11s.
Kenjon Barner's college best was 10.71.
LaMike's college best was 10.52.
Devon Allen ran 10.48 at the same age (10.36 as a collegiate PR).
Recently, only Thomas Tyner could maybe beat him in a foot race at the same age. He ran a 10.35 as a junior before all the injuries piled on.
Samie Parker ran a 10.18 back in 2003 while at UofO. Most Ducks DBs/WRs/RBs are in the low 11s.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Tyrese Cooper
If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.
The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.
His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.
His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11009
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Tyrese Cooper
He can play football, but if he contributes then it becomes a football scholarship.GoDucksTroll wrote:If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.
The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.
His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
The arrest while stupid, isn't something I'm to concerned with. I know lots of adults who did stupid crap when they were 15-17. Everyone deserves a second chance, and I'd guess our coaches did their research before offering him.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Tyrese Cooper
I guess the best news with his propensity for having sticky fingers is that he should be able to hang onto the ball.GoDucksTroll wrote:If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.
The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.
His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.

-
AshlandDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am
Re: Tyrese Cooper
I guess using boltcutters to steal other people's cars is fine, but please NEVER attempt to remove your own car from a boot!
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Tyrese Cooper
Pretty amazing speed, before his sophomore year of HS even started he ran a 10.36, which would have been fourth at the Pac-12 championships. A 16 year old as fast as collegiate Devon Allen is pretty rare.StevensTechU wrote:According to Athletic.net, his PR in the 100m in his junior year was 10.34. That's extremely legit speed and would make him one of the fastest ducks ever.
Kenjon Barner's college best was 10.71.
LaMike's college best was 10.52.
Devon Allen ran 10.48 at the same age (10.36 as a collegiate PR).
Recently, only Thomas Tyner could maybe beat him in a foot race at the same age. He ran a 10.35 as a junior before all the injuries piled on.
Samie Parker ran a 10.18 back in 2003 while at UofO. Most Ducks DBs/WRs/RBs are in the low 11s.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Tyrese Cooper
Lol.greenyellow wrote:I guess the best news with his propensity for having sticky fingers is that he should be able to hang onto the ball.GoDucksTroll wrote:If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.
The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.
His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
Although I have to question that speed, since he's also been caught shoplifting at Walmart. If a world class sprinter can't get away from loss prevention that's just embarrassing.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Tyrese Cooper
Former Duck, Pat Johnson ('94-97) was a 5'10"/195 WR who also ran track for the Ducks... He beat Carl Lewis in the 100 at the
Drake Relays as a freshman, as well as winning the PAC 400m title. His best 200m time was 20.39.
Drake Relays as a freshman, as well as winning the PAC 400m title. His best 200m time was 20.39.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- JIDuck97
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 993
- Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am
Re: Tyrese Cooper
I'm curious why I can find posts on this guy but no where can I find him on a list of commits or signed. Hoping this is real.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Tyrese Cooper
Sounds like he's stopped hanging out with the wrong crowd and has been focusing solely on academics and athletics after having hard talks with his family and coaches:
https://www.dyestat.com/gprofile.php?mg ... _id=560443
https://www.dyestat.com/gprofile.php?mg ... _id=560443
