Tyrese Cooper

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
GM: Orlando Magic GM
Location: Florida

Tyrese Cooper

Post by FlDuckFan »

TualatinDuck
Senior
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
Location: Tualatin

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by TualatinDuck »

I was just going to post the same thing!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by Tray Dub »

In August 2016, Cooper ran new personal bests in the 100, 200 and 400 meters. His 400 meters times of 45.23 seconds came within .09 seconds of Obea Moore’s World Youth Best and surpassed Kirani James for the fifth-fastest by a Youth (under 18) athlete ever.
:shock:
laxattack22
One Star Recruit
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 am

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by laxattack22 »

Looks like he could be a good get - quick google of him returned this link though, curious on your thought's on it?

https://www.milesplit.com/articles/2396 ... ary-charge
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by Tray Dub »

laxattack22 wrote:Looks like he could be a good get - quick google of him returned this link though, curious on your thought's on it?

https://www.milesplit.com/articles/2396 ... ary-charge
Makes this quote from him make sense: "I want to just get far away from South Florida and put some distance behind me."

Sounds like he got arrested for breaking into a car. If he stays out of trouble I'm happy to interpret that as just a teenage mistake.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by StevensTechU »

According to Athletic.net, his PR in the 100m in his junior year was 10.34. That's extremely legit speed and would make him one of the fastest ducks ever.

Kenjon Barner's college best was 10.71.
LaMike's college best was 10.52.
Devon Allen ran 10.48 at the same age (10.36 as a collegiate PR).
Recently, only Thomas Tyner could maybe beat him in a foot race at the same age. He ran a 10.35 as a junior before all the injuries piled on.

Samie Parker ran a 10.18 back in 2003 while at UofO. Most Ducks DBs/WRs/RBs are in the low 11s.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by GoDucksTroll »

If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.

The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.

His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by buckmarkduck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.

The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.

His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
He can play football, but if he contributes then it becomes a football scholarship.

The arrest while stupid, isn't something I'm to concerned with. I know lots of adults who did stupid crap when they were 15-17. Everyone deserves a second chance, and I'd guess our coaches did their research before offering him.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll wrote:If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.

The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.

His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
I guess the best news with his propensity for having sticky fingers is that he should be able to hang onto the ball.
Image
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by AshlandDuck »

I guess using boltcutters to steal other people's cars is fine, but please NEVER attempt to remove your own car from a boot!
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:According to Athletic.net, his PR in the 100m in his junior year was 10.34. That's extremely legit speed and would make him one of the fastest ducks ever.

Kenjon Barner's college best was 10.71.
LaMike's college best was 10.52.
Devon Allen ran 10.48 at the same age (10.36 as a collegiate PR).
Recently, only Thomas Tyner could maybe beat him in a foot race at the same age. He ran a 10.35 as a junior before all the injuries piled on.

Samie Parker ran a 10.18 back in 2003 while at UofO. Most Ducks DBs/WRs/RBs are in the low 11s.
Pretty amazing speed, before his sophomore year of HS even started he ran a 10.36, which would have been fourth at the Pac-12 championships. A 16 year old as fast as collegiate Devon Allen is pretty rare.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by GoDucksTroll »

greenyellow wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:If this is a track scholarship then he can't play football.

The arrest is troubling, but I can let a non-violent teenage mistake slide.

His speed is ridiculous though, just watched his very short Hudl and it's him housing kick-offs and punts while everyone looks like they're wearing concrete shoes.
I guess the best news with his propensity for having sticky fingers is that he should be able to hang onto the ball.
Lol.

Although I have to question that speed, since he's also been caught shoplifting at Walmart. If a world class sprinter can't get away from loss prevention that's just embarrassing.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by woundedknees »

Former Duck, Pat Johnson ('94-97) was a 5'10"/195 WR who also ran track for the Ducks... He beat Carl Lewis in the 100 at the
Drake Relays as a freshman, as well as winning the PAC 400m title. His best 200m time was 20.39.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by JIDuck97 »

I'm curious why I can find posts on this guy but no where can I find him on a list of commits or signed. Hoping this is real.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Tyrese Cooper

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like he's stopped hanging out with the wrong crowd and has been focusing solely on academics and athletics after having hard talks with his family and coaches:
https://www.dyestat.com/gprofile.php?mg ... _id=560443
Image
Post Reply