Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by TyranT »

Removed “USC commit” from his twitter profile. Puka’s mom stated they’d like to announce and sign no later than Friday. Hopefully coach Cristobal has given the family his likely pick for his next WR coach. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I apologize for not remembering where I read the statement from Puka’s mom. I’d like to give credit to the source.
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by karlhungis »

I feel like this doesn't bode well for us.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by TyranT »

Yeah I hear ya. I can’t help but to feel optimistic that we have a shot. In Mario’s press conference he stated we were close to getting a WR coach. He didn’t devulge the specific names to the media, but maybe he was inclined to name drop to Puka’s family. If we make a home run hire we could sway the young man. The Sewell family I feel is our ace in the hole. My confidence is 60/40 ducks to fuskies.
User avatar
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I'm with TyranT. If there's one thing that I feel this recruiting cycle that I've never felt before, it is "the optimism is warranted".
TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by TyranT »

I remember in the Helfrich era being so frustrated with the slow play on recruits and the justification of being “selective.” Comparing the then and now I’d chaulk it up to being kinda lazy.
TualatinDuck
Senior
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
Location: Tualatin

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by TualatinDuck »

Quack watch...........
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
User avatar
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
GM: Orlando Magic GM
Location: Florida

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by FlDuckFan »

Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by GoDucksTroll »

FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
Mmmm that looks like good news.
TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by TyranT »

Oh man! I’m hoping it means that folks will be changing their crystal ball predictions from the fuskies to the ducks.
TualatinDuck
Senior
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
Location: Tualatin

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by TualatinDuck »

FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?

That is one extremely dialed in source.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
User avatar
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
GM: Orlando Magic GM
Location: Florida

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by FlDuckFan »

TualatinDuck wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?

That is one extremely dialed in source.
I would assume she is but she seems to be the only touting this info, just curious if she was the only source
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by Duck24 »

On ScoopDuck, a poster not named JHop is reporting we are close to hiring Dunn from Okie State. Wonder if one shoe drops, then the other?
User avatar
UofO8
Senior
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by UofO8 »

Duck24 wrote:On ScoopDuck, a poster not named JHop is reporting we are close to hiring Dunn from Okie State. Wonder if one shoe drops, then the other?
god, that would be a lights out hire. please let it be true.
Image
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by Phalanx »

Pulling away Nacua from USC would be nice revenge for Devon Williams last year.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Phalanx wrote:Pulling away Nacua from USC would be nice revenge for Devon Williams last year.
He's been checked out of USC for a while, looking like us versus Washington. Swiping him from Washington, a month after we offered, would be even sweeter. Washington didn't get much in the way of skill players this class, they could really use him. For us it's a luxury recruit.
Post Reply