Chris Steele is not a done deal

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by jimmy12 »

He's still talking to other schools and I am not surprised. He's committed to 6 schools and rescinded.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by HomeSickDuck »

jimmy12 wrote:He's still talking to other schools and I am not surprised. He's committed to 6 schools and rescinded.
Source?
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39224
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by greenyellow »

Where are you getting information? Not seeing anywhere/anyone who's reporting that.
Image
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by jimmy12 »

Rivals USC posts
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by rsbgduck »

Everything I’ve seen is he is SIGNED and sealed just waiting on delivery.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by jimmy12 »

rsbgduck wrote:Everything I’ve seen is he is SIGNED and sealed just waiting on delivery.
You are definitely not in sales
wepto
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by wepto »

jimmy12 wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:Everything I’ve seen is he is SIGNED and sealed just waiting on delivery.
You are definitely not in sales

Ok, but he would have to transfer again, right? It'd make it a lot less likely that he'd be eligible to play this.
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11013
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by buckmarkduck »

1 guy has been saying SC the whole time, even though Steele continues to say he didn't even consider them. I don't believe there is anything to this.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He spoke to jhop and said he had fully signed all his paperwork.
User avatar
Alan
Senior
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by Alan »

How reliable is information from Facebook, message boards, wannabe bloggers or anyplace the public can post words on the internet?
User avatar
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by Hoagduck »

I feel like this is bogus? The school wouldn't have announced anything until the ink was dry. Sort of company policy.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by jimmy12 »

To be fair, I told you guys about Devon Williams going there and you said nope... Jhop said not so.

I am just relaying that I've been told.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by HomeSickDuck »

jimmy12 wrote:To be fair, I told you guys about Devon Williams going there and you said nope... Jhop said not so.

I am just relaying that I've been told.
I do see stuff on the USC Rivals page with headlines regarding Steele, but I can’t read them as I dont subscribe.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by jimmy12 »

AND Bru McCoy is attempting to transfer back to USC
maxduck
Senior
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Post by maxduck »

The time frame for signing a binding letter of intent is restricted by NCAA rules and ended April 1 of 2019. I assume any paperwork Chris Steele signed is a scholarship agreement which obligates the school but not the athlete.
Post Reply