Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
Greenblood
- Senior
- Posts: 3441
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
Not surprising. We have since added Greenfield and Slusher so it’s not a surprise to our coaches at all.
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
Didn't he kind of hint that he was looking around a month or so ago? Would be great to lock him down. If he leaves, it's an open door for someone else.
-
Everythingsducky
- Senior
- Posts: 2716
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
They should remove his commitment. Doesn't sound committed at all. People have been saying it for weeks.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
He's essentially a soft commit right now and the coaches know that so they're still recruiting DBs that could potentially replace Williams' spot in the class.

- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4982
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
I thought I read somewhere that Slusher is also considering bolting. Anyway, I try not to get too attached to these guys this early. Wake me up in six months.lukeyrid13 wrote:Not surprising. We have since added Greenfield and Slusher so it’s not a surprise to our coaches at all.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
Same. I try not to watch highlights until after they've signed nowadays. When you consider that we offer 300+ kids a year now, it's not worth trying to get caught up on any one guy.Phalanx wrote:I thought I read somewhere that Slusher is also considering bolting. Anyway, I try not to get too attached to these guys this early. Wake me up in six months.lukeyrid13 wrote:Not surprising. We have since added Greenfield and Slusher so it’s not a surprise to our coaches at all.
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open
The more I think about it, I think Bennett Williams's offer is conditional on a current DB decommiting. Most likely among them would be Avantae.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am