Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3441
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by Greenblood »

User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Not surprising. We have since added Greenfield and Slusher so it’s not a surprise to our coaches at all.
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by ncduck »

Didn't he kind of hint that he was looking around a month or so ago? Would be great to lock him down. If he leaves, it's an open door for someone else.
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2716
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by Everythingsducky »

They should remove his commitment. Doesn't sound committed at all. People have been saying it for weeks.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by greenyellow »

He's essentially a soft commit right now and the coaches know that so they're still recruiting DBs that could potentially replace Williams' spot in the class.
Image
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by Phalanx »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Not surprising. We have since added Greenfield and Slusher so it’s not a surprise to our coaches at all.
I thought I read somewhere that Slusher is also considering bolting. Anyway, I try not to get too attached to these guys this early. Wake me up in six months.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Phalanx wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Not surprising. We have since added Greenfield and Slusher so it’s not a surprise to our coaches at all.
I thought I read somewhere that Slusher is also considering bolting. Anyway, I try not to get too attached to these guys this early. Wake me up in six months.
Same. I try not to watch highlights until after they've signed nowadays. When you consider that we offer 300+ kids a year now, it's not worth trying to get caught up on any one guy.
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by Merganzer »

User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by StevensTechU »

The more I think about it, I think Bennett Williams's offer is conditional on a current DB decommiting. Most likely among them would be Avantae.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Avantae Williams says recruitment is open

Post by jimmy12 »

Agreed
Post Reply