Smalls

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Smalls

Post by GoDucksTroll »

A little update on Smalls:

We’re very in it. I had to take a little break from Twitter, bought a new house, work, friends visiting from overseas, vacations, etc.

But I’m getting back into it, and when I checked my messages I had some good news. I feel better about this one than I did about Kayvon the week before he committed. If I was reading tea leaves I’d say a decision by the early signing deadline. If Avalos’ defense delivers... And KT performs... Then it’s down to us, Clemson, and Bama.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Smalls

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Ducks, Clemson or Bama.....psh, that's an easy win for us. No competition there :)
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Smalls

Post by GoDucksTroll »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Ducks, Clemson or Bama.....psh, that's an easy win for us. No competition there :)
Easy peasy, just have to beat out the two best DL/OLB recruiting programs in the country. The ones who win national championships and produce endless first round draft picks.
Anatinae
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Smalls

Post by Anatinae »

Now Clemson is out and Washington is back in.
duck541
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: Smalls

Post by duck541 »

Interesting that UW is back in. He's previously stated that he wanted to get away from home because he felt that it would allow him to grow the most as a person. Maybe Oregon is close enough to satisfy family that want him nearby and far enough away he can be his own person?
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Smalls

Post by Duck07 »

Maybe the old Nordstrom Yacht routine is back in play on Montlake?
Image
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: Smalls

Post by Merganzer »

duck541 wrote:Interesting that UW is back in. He's previously stated that he wanted to get away from home because he felt that it would allow him to grow the most as a person. Maybe Oregon is close enough to satisfy family that want him nearby and far enough away he can be his own person?
Not a big surprise that the home team is back in play; but he could want to play with KT even more and yeah, Alabama.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Smalls

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Smalls

Post by thomas time »

I'd rather have both
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Smalls

Post by alxtw »

Smalls and Sewell play different positions.
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Smalls

Post by RanDux »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Smalls

Post by GoDucksTroll »

RanDux wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.
Sam Huard is the 11th ranked player and second ranked QB for 2021: https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Huard-46048437/

He’s Damon Huard’s son, and Brock’s nephew. He’s been trying to get Savvy, and all those 2021 Seattle Area 5-stars to Washington.
maxduck
Senior
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Smalls

Post by maxduck »

Is Chris Fetters still involved in ranking NW players? About 15 years ago he hyped several State of Washington players who were, at best, average when they got into college.
User avatar
Juice
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Smalls

Post by Juice »

maxduck wrote:Is Chris Fetters still involved in ranking NW players? About 15 years ago he hyped several State of Washington players who were, at best, average when they got into college.
I don't believe he is. There are some kids up here who can really play, it's not the dawgman hype machine running the show anymore. Though, I still hesitate on highly rated quarterbacks from up here, cause almost none have panned out.

EX:
Jake Heaps
Max Browne

Jacob Eason I feel is like Heaps/Browne... 5* dominant HS qb, but won't pan out in college

Re: Huard.. He has great mechanics, can sling it and is extremely accurate, but we'll see if he has the IT factor that it takes to be a legit QB at the next level. His video game numbers are in large part due to the fact that his coach wants to do nothing but throw, and he has like 4-5 D1 receivers, playing against HS bums.
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Smalls

Post by RanDux »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
RanDux wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.
Sam Huard is the 11th ranked player and second ranked QB for 2021: https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Huard-46048437/

He’s Damon Huard’s son, and Brock’s nephew. He’s been trying to get Savvy, and all those 2021 Seattle Area 5-stars to Washington.
Thanks. I was kinda hoping UW would stink for a while. :|
Post Reply