Smalls
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Smalls
A little update on Smalls:
We’re very in it. I had to take a little break from Twitter, bought a new house, work, friends visiting from overseas, vacations, etc.
But I’m getting back into it, and when I checked my messages I had some good news. I feel better about this one than I did about Kayvon the week before he committed. If I was reading tea leaves I’d say a decision by the early signing deadline. If Avalos’ defense delivers... And KT performs... Then it’s down to us, Clemson, and Bama.
We’re very in it. I had to take a little break from Twitter, bought a new house, work, friends visiting from overseas, vacations, etc.
But I’m getting back into it, and when I checked my messages I had some good news. I feel better about this one than I did about Kayvon the week before he committed. If I was reading tea leaves I’d say a decision by the early signing deadline. If Avalos’ defense delivers... And KT performs... Then it’s down to us, Clemson, and Bama.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Smalls
Ducks, Clemson or Bama.....psh, that's an easy win for us. No competition there 
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Smalls
Easy peasy, just have to beat out the two best DL/OLB recruiting programs in the country. The ones who win national championships and produce endless first round draft picks.lukeyrid13 wrote:Ducks, Clemson or Bama.....psh, that's an easy win for us. No competition there
-
Anatinae
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 pm
Re: Smalls
Now Clemson is out and Washington is back in.
-
duck541
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Re: Smalls
Interesting that UW is back in. He's previously stated that he wanted to get away from home because he felt that it would allow him to grow the most as a person. Maybe Oregon is close enough to satisfy family that want him nearby and far enough away he can be his own person?
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
Re: Smalls
Not a big surprise that the home team is back in play; but he could want to play with KT even more and yeah, Alabama.duck541 wrote:Interesting that UW is back in. He's previously stated that he wanted to get away from home because he felt that it would allow him to grow the most as a person. Maybe Oregon is close enough to satisfy family that want him nearby and far enough away he can be his own person?
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Smalls
Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.
I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: Smalls
I'd rather have both
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Smalls
Smalls and Sewell play different positions.
-
RanDux
- Senior
- Posts: 2840
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
- Location: Happy Valley, OR
Re: Smalls
What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.
I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Smalls
Sam Huard is the 11th ranked player and second ranked QB for 2021: https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Huard-46048437/RanDux wrote:What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.
I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
He’s Damon Huard’s son, and Brock’s nephew. He’s been trying to get Savvy, and all those 2021 Seattle Area 5-stars to Washington.
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Smalls
Is Chris Fetters still involved in ranking NW players? About 15 years ago he hyped several State of Washington players who were, at best, average when they got into college.
- Juice
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 am
- Location: Seattle
Re: Smalls
I don't believe he is. There are some kids up here who can really play, it's not the dawgman hype machine running the show anymore. Though, I still hesitate on highly rated quarterbacks from up here, cause almost none have panned out.maxduck wrote:Is Chris Fetters still involved in ranking NW players? About 15 years ago he hyped several State of Washington players who were, at best, average when they got into college.
EX:
Jake Heaps
Max Browne
Jacob Eason I feel is like Heaps/Browne... 5* dominant HS qb, but won't pan out in college
Re: Huard.. He has great mechanics, can sling it and is extremely accurate, but we'll see if he has the IT factor that it takes to be a legit QB at the next level. His video game numbers are in large part due to the fact that his coach wants to do nothing but throw, and he has like 4-5 D1 receivers, playing against HS bums.
-
RanDux
- Senior
- Posts: 2840
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
- Location: Happy Valley, OR
Re: Smalls
Thanks. I was kinda hoping UW would stink for a while.GoDucksTroll wrote:Sam Huard is the 11th ranked player and second ranked QB for 2021: https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Huard-46048437/RanDux wrote:What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.
I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
He’s Damon Huard’s son, and Brock’s nephew. He’s been trying to get Savvy, and all those 2021 Seattle Area 5-stars to Washington.
