QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by greenyellow »

As many have been forecasting, Oregon has received the commitment of 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams out of Jefferson HS in Portland.
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40547
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sco Ducks! Great in-state pickup. Slightly worried about his size, but we've had smaller at safety. JD Nelson and John Boyett were tiny dudes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm
Location: Grants Pass Oregon

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by EncinitasDuck »

6 ft 195lbs?

That's not bad for a senior in HS. He should be able to get to around 210 with proper nutrition and strength program.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by StevensTechU »

^^ they're almost certainly stretching that. He looks short in every video and ohoto. I'd guess no taller than 5'10.

I guess i need to walk over to Jefferson to catch a game. Not often I have a duck commit playing a stone's throw away.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I really like this kid. He’s a great athlete, was on Jefferson’s elite varsity basketball team as a freshman. Williams looks like he can hit, carry more weight, and has that rare burst. Size wise it’s not like he’s dangerously undersized and can still grow.

We wondered about Marcel Yates and his recruiting, Williams said he was the difference maker since Yates was his favorite coach before he even got hired at Oregon, a pretty good sign.
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:^^ they're almost certainly stretching that. He looks short in every video and ohoto. I'd guess no taller than 5'10.

I guess i need to walk over to Jefferson to catch a game. Not often I have a duck commit playing a stone's throw away.
Walk over from Hoboken?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by StevensTechU »

Haha. When I joined this forum, I lived in NYC. I found out there was a tiny school across the water in Hoboken (Stevens institute of technology) that is the only other college with a duck as a mascot anywhere in the country. I've since relocated to Portland.
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by ncduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Haha. When I joined this forum, I lived in NYC. I found out there was a tiny school across the water in Hoboken (Stevens institute of technology) that is the only other college with a duck as a mascot anywhere in the country. I've since relocated to Portland.
Once upon a time Stevens started a small private school for children of faculty that later broke off and became independent. My wife’s first gig out of college was teaching at the private school, today it’s called Stevens Cooperative School. I actually have a friend who worked a Stevens Institute of Technology in the mid-2k’s doing institutional research.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by StevensTechU »

That's awesome. I hope you have a lot of Attila The Duck gear.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:Haha. When I joined this forum, I lived in NYC. I found out there was a tiny school across the water in Hoboken (Stevens institute of technology) that is the only other college with a duck as a mascot anywhere in the country. I've since relocated to Portland.
from bad to worse (and I am a an Oregonian)
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by StevensTechU »

Ha, I liked both.
duck55
Senior
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Keizer OR

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by duck55 »

Oregon should start a "sister School" program and get the 2 mascots together.
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: QUACK! 4* 2022 S Trejon Williams commits

Post by nogerO »

duck55 wrote:Oregon should start a "sister School" program and get the 2 mascots together.
I wouldn't expect any offspring from that relationship. Unless Atilla is a girls name these days! :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Post Reply