#10 USC @ UW
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
Greenblood
- Senior
- Posts: 3446
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
#10 USC @ UW
Difficult to me to decide who I want more to win (or perhaps who I want more to lose
). Since it's between two 2012 Duck foes, it's a wash on the BCS computers' SOS score for the Ducks. I'd love to see USC's national title dreams get UNEQUIVOCALLY crushed. But I'd also -- maybe especially because I live in Husky territory -- like to see the Huskies and their fans further lose confidence in the team with a decisive loss. Sarkisian does tend to play his former team well . . .
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: #10 USC @ UW
If you think we will go undefeated, you want teams like USC, OSU, Stanford to win as much as possible.
If you think we might lose a game (or two) on the way, then root against teams like USC, Stanford, OSU, so even with a loss or two, we can win the Pac-12.
If you think we might lose a game (or two) on the way, then root against teams like USC, Stanford, OSU, so even with a loss or two, we can win the Pac-12.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: #10 USC @ UW
I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: #10 USC @ UW
My general approach as well. Plus I think if we win out anyway, we'll be in regardless. So go huskies.maxduck wrote:I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: #10 USC @ UW
Rooting for USC all the way. I want the USC-Oregon game to be a match-up of top 10 teams.UOducksTK1 wrote:My general approach as well. Plus I think if we win out anyway, we'll be in regardless. So go huskies.maxduck wrote:I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".
-
Braveheart
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: #10 USC @ UW
I agree with all of thisUOducksTK1 wrote:My general approach as well. Plus I think if we win out anyway, we'll be in regardless. So go huskies.maxduck wrote:I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: #10 USC @ UW
I dislike both teams so it doesn't really matter to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the poodles steal a win here though.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Re: #10 USC @ UW
I don't want UW fans thinking the Oregon game was a fluke. I want them to suck and know it. Go USC.
-
DAT#6
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 953
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 am
Re: #10 USC @ UW
I will be rooting for the Huskies to lose because they are the Huskies. I will not, however, be able to actively root for USC to win. I will just have to skip that game if it is on.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: #10 USC @ UW
I would like to see the poodles not go to a bowl game this year. Gameday Champions was enough for them this season imho.

-
oregontrack
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
Re: #10 USC @ UW
i can't think of one conceivable reason why a duck fan would root for washington to win this game.





-
Greenblood
- Senior
- Posts: 3446
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
Re: #10 USC @ UW
I don't think I can actually "root" for either team to win. But I would be ok, as indicated above, with USC having their "unfinished business" season absolutely finished, at least in terms of their barely flickering nat'l title hopes, and then hopefully leading to a "wheels coming off" season compared to all the preseason Trojan hype. Ultimately, I probably will revert to my old standby antipathy for the Huskies and my desire that their program stay down down down as long as possible. But I guess I'll find something to be pleased about either way.
-
Braveheart
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Re: #10 USC @ UW
USC gave a degree to my former jerk-boss.Braveheart wrote:Hey, hey guys. What'd USC do to you, huh?