Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

UOducksTK1's Official GM Rankings

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Criteria
#1 - 50% Skill (The DCs you post, the FA Bids you send, the transactions you make, the picks you make, setting up your team for the future, for the pressent, the comments you make, etc)
#2 - 30% Performance (Winning)
#3 - 20% Activity (A good GM cares about the league)

#1 dd10snoop28 - Milwaukee Bucks GM
The Bucks had arguably had the best overall creation draft. His team has the 2nd best win percentage in DASL history. More impressively, he had the 24th pick in the draft, a unfavorable position. His roster is probably one of my 3 favorite rosters in DASL. His only hump to date is winning in the playoffs. The Bucks have yet to see the Championship game, but this season might be their best bet, as they are off to a incredibly hot 20-6 start.

#2 Boom - Houston Rockets GM
I'm the commish, and I shouldn't show favortism, but I LOVE the Rockets roster. If Hardaway can somehow mature and play up to his rating's potential, Rockets might be the favorite to win the rest. Rockets went from Jon Koncak, Scottie Pippen, Dell Curry, and Rod Strickland to perhaps the best starting 5 in DASL. And what shows more maturity is his ability to accomplish all of this without sacrificing his future. He still has a Cliff Robinson and Tim Hardaway who are both young players with a bright future ahead. And he has all his future 1sts. Wise GMing in such little time, color me as impressed.

#3 lukeyrid13 - Charlotte Hornets GM
It's hard to ignore a GM who has a 75% winning percentage in both the playoffs and during the regular season. Hornets have seen the finals twice, and have a ring to prove it. So why is lukey slotted at 3rd? dd was able to put together his team without controversy. Early on in DASL, there were some trades that went through that probably shouldn't have, giving lukey a really nice roster. That still doesn't negate all the other transactions and decisions lukey has had to made, which is why a #3 ranking is nothing to frown out. Lukey's done a great job and his trio is NASTY.

#4 DmoneyDuck - Portland Trail Blazers GM
Dmoney was another GM who had a fantastic draft, despite having the 25th pick in the creation draft. Dmoney has been pretty conservative with his decision making, which is an attribute I wish a lot of other newer GMs had. Many GMs had a good roster like Dmoney, but messed it up by over trading or making foolish offseason decisions. So far so good for Mr. Dmoney. Blazers are on the right track. The jury is still waiting though to see how Dmoney reacts to adversity, so far things have been happy clappy in Portland.

#5 pudgejeff - Orlando Magic GM
Pudge has been very patient in his rebuilding process and has gathered all the pieces necessary to be a threat in the near future. He has a very balanced, young team, and the team's progression is starting to show with a solid 16-9 start. Pudge is also loaded with a lot of solid looking firsts the next few years. I expect to see Magic a top threat in the east for the next 5 years, at least.

#6 Brophdog88 - Denver Nuggets GM
Broph has put together a very strong team. I'll admit that they haven't really hit their groove yet and this ranking is certainly assessed less retrospectively, and more towards what they have on paper and I expect them to do big things the next couple seasons. Ellis is beyond deadly, and his supporting cast is slowly improving every year. I don't know if the Nuggets have enough to win it all, but Broph has show his skills with the team he has assembled.

#7 FlDuckFan - Minnesota Timberwolves
Fl is new, there's no doubt about that. This was evident by a few early trades that left him with average big men and let him without his own future firsts. But Fl was adamant about learning FBB and improving his team. It's amazing what hard work does for you. The Timberwolves lead the west at 21-6, and the Timberwolves have a strong chance of becoming the winningest team in the Western Conference (Only 7 wins behind the Grizzlies). Can't argue with the numbers, and the Timberwolves have a really good looking roster!

#8 bellsduck - Utah Jazz GM
No disrespect to bells, but initially, I had him somewhere in the middle. But the more I looked back at what he accomplished, and more impressively, how he's quickly turned around a team that won 13 playoff games in 2 years (3rd most in DASL history) to a 6-17 team with a lot 7 firsts and a lot of cap space over the next two years. Nice job. I think bells has a good hold of the Jazz and I'm excited to see what the Jazz look like in 3 years from now.

#9 303DucksFan - Vancouver Grizzlies GM
Grizzlies had a really special line up a year ago, and 303 would have been much higher on this list, but due to a busy life schedule, he hasn't been around much, and consequently his team has stopped showing up too. 303 will more than likely need to rebuild, so eyes will be on him and the Grizzlies over the next few seasons. Nonetheless, 303 had a very strong team for two seasons.

#10 Zyme - New York Knicks GM
Zyme hasn't had the best luck in DASL, but he's a smart GM. He knows how to put together a team, he's got a scoring machine team. I think we'll see the Knicks in the playoffs pretty consistently starting now. That 91 76ers first is starting to look nice too, only another asset to add to his already growing team.

#11 rpmunn - Washington Bullets GM
Atta boy rpmunn! I was getting a little worried about the Bullets trading away all their firsts through the 1994 seasons. But the fact is, they are the best team in DASL right now, and their defensive presence across the board is impressive. The reason rpmunn is a little low, is because his team was mediocre for the first two years, but moreso because of a few risks he took. Smits contract is awful, and not having his first for four seasons is definitely frowned upon. Things I think he'll clean up as he plays this game more. But great job on your current lineup!

#12 (tie) dthomas=ddixon - Boston Celtics GM
A little high? Not so fast my friend! There's no doubt Dthomas has put together a pretty solid team, and also without undermining the future of his team (bad contracts / no future firsts). Also, dthomas is an avid poster and has had a little bad luck. Hopefully he can turn things around for Boston, because if he doesn't, I think we could see some GMs like duckyou, tales, Oregon Ownage, Goose, and Phenom potentiall over take him.

#12 (tie) duckyoubeavers - Chicago Bulls GM
Easily the best new GM. In fact, I think duckyou has the biggest potential of any GM here, and I think he'll make some serious noise when he's done rebuilding. He's shown great activity, good patience with trading, and has already set himself up nicely to compete in a year or two.

#14 tales - Toronto Raptors GM
I might have given tales a little bit of a short straw here, but when you have MJ and you aren't making as much noise as you could, it frustrates me a little. McHale, West, and Armstrong are solid supporters, but they are literally one trade away from being the best team in DASL. Why not trade a couple firsts for Clyde when he was being shopped? Why not go get Xavier Johnson from the Jazz? But at the same time, hats off to tales not making any rash decisions and screwing his team up.

#15 Goose! - Los Angeles Lakers GM
Goose should be very proud of his #15 ranking. His team has been competing up until this season. He has 3 good starters, but really lacks a PG and SF, badly. Unfortunately, Goose doesn't have his first this year or next, and doesn't have very many assets to fill in those voids. With that being said, Goose either needs to make some magic happen, or start rebuilding (tough to do without your firsts though). Goose is in a poor position, but I think he'll figure his way out of this, and get his team to a consistent playoff team eventually.

#16 SwaggyC -Golden State Warriors GM
Shouldn't have ever traded Olajuwon. But! He's won a championship and has been a consistent contender year in and out. If swaggy was more active and did more to show his skills, he could easily be in the top 10. Until then, we are seeing other GMs slowly passing him.

#17 Phenom - Seattle SuperSonics GM
I think Phenom is now just starting to hold his own as a GM. He was very raw when he entered the league, and that was evident in the first couple seasons. But Phenom has done a great job rebuilding, and got a little luck on the way (Drob ftw), and should be competing soon very soon (if not now). If some of his younger guys such as Ceballos can pan out, Phenom will be a threat.

#18 Oregon Ownage - Dallas Mavericks GM
Mavs are the 3rd worst team in DASL history, yet he is ranked #18? All about set up... Mavs have Anderson and Vaught, 2 very promising players for the future. Oh, and 6 firsts over the next 3 years. If ownage plays his cards right, he could be back in business in just 2-3 seasons. But ownage will need some good offseasons, which will include FA, an area where they haven't been very successful in lately.

#19 Marzeial - Atlanta Hawks GM
I actually really like Marzeial and think he's a much better GM than what his record shows, but unfortunately for him, a big chunk of the GM rankings are based off performance. And so far, the Hawks stuck in the middle with a 48% win record. Marzeial is a perfect example of a GM who could have dumped off 3 firsts and a young piece like Colliton for a Clyde Drexler type player, which would have immediately made him a contender. Tales and Marzeial might be the two best examples of sitting on talent instead of trying to make the one extra move to push them over the top. I think both are solid GMs and in time they'll see what I'm talking about. Right now, Hawks either need to commit to winning or rebuilding, cuz they are in quicksand right now.

#20 bugsmalone - Indiana Pacers GM
I haven't seen enough on Bugs yet to be able to judge him. I think him trade a lotto first to try to compete wasn't the best choice given his situation. But he's been solid in activity, and has shown to me he has some skills. His team is in limbo right now though with a bunch of old farts, so rebuilding seem inevitable.

#21 eddy_zamora - Detroit Pistons GM
Eddy. lol. Eddy.. I love you man, but sometimes I wonder. But ya know what, I still think you are a much better GM than you were the first two seasons. I still think you make some silly moves here or there, but you are on the right track. Your team isn't bad, but not having your 91 or 93 1sts makes me cringe. I wonder why you didn't just sit on Gary Payton and use your first again to get another young player before making moves. But hey, I admire your activity.

#22 DrBradBuss - Phoenix Suns GM
I like this guy. He's been pretty active, has a good attitude, and has a brain. Glad to have him apart of the sim, and hopefully next time we have a rankings, we'll see him higher when we have more to judge him on. But no big mistakes so far, and he's on his way to having a top 3 pick. Good luck.

#23 cordy02c - New Jersey Nets GM
Cordy's a nice dude, had the pleasure of meeting him. However, he gets a wrist slap for being one of the worst teams in the East and not having his first this year or next. If I'm cordy, Isaih Thomas for my first next season, and do everything to drop Daughtery's contract. Time to blow it up and rebuild. Cordy actually had a solid looking team in the first year, so there's no doubt he's got the talent to pull things around!

#24 OreDucks01284 - San Antonio Spurs GM
Danny hasn't made any mistakes yet, and that's good. He has all his firsts, and he still has a young core he's building around. His activity could be a little better, but each year I see improvements. He has the most losses in DASL history, but I think that'll change soon.

#25 DeltaFox97 - Sacramento Kings GM
So inactive. He gave away the #1 overall pick last year (unlucky though). And he's inactive. Delta actually has a solid roster this year, but their GM likes to spend time on vacations in Hawaii way too much. Expect a new Kings GM soon.

#26 docsutton89 - Philadelphia 76ers GM
I already like this guy because he's shown good activity so far, and seems like he's ready to have some fun. He's new to FBB though, so it might take him a while, but if he's willing to listen and ready to overcome a few rough years of learning, then we could see another solid GM join DASL. Gregspechtismyhero did a great job with the Sixers, keep it going.

#27 themouth - Los Angeles Clippers GM
Another new GM, so far so good. No bad mistakes, has all his firsts, and has a decent lineup. I'm looking forward to seeing what direction he takes this team over the next season. His activity is a little worrysome so far with only 4 posts, but if he produces good teams, I can live with less activity.

#28 jtj0008 - Cleveland Cavaliers GM
New GM, but I'm excited. Not to brag or anything, but I set up jtj with a good young core. Jtj has some FBB experience, but hasn't been around it in a while. Really stoked to see what he can do, don't mess up!

#29 Hkate001 - Miami Heat GM
Last, but not least. Way too early to put a number on Hkate, but it's a ranking and everyone has to be included. Good luck though, and stay active. Not logging on for almost 3 days is not the best start!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: UOducksTK1's Official GM Rankings

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Discuss, it took me almost two hours.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Fair ranking for me, I think. Good job TK.
rpmunn
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets

Post by rpmunn »

A fair assessment of what the bullets have done this far. There are a couple moves I made that really were bad in hindsight, but I am trying to learn for the future. Free agency is still the most difficult part for me to figure out as evidenced by the amount of money I am paying Smits.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Appreciate the kind words, I would have ranked myself a lot lower ha. Seems like nothing I do works which make me feel really incompetent at DASL but I'm more than glad to call it bad luck haha.

I also want to just say that even with how frustrating my team has been at times, this has been a ton of fun. Really appreciate all the time you put into this thing Jonah.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I think these rankings will change a lot over the next few seasons as GM's become more familiar with how to run their team. Not to mention that there is some element of bad luck as dthomas mentioned.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Hey Hey Hey, can't complain about the top 5! Especially being the only one in the top 10 without a playoff berth I believe? This should be the year though, the question is do I splurge for a superstar and make a run or keep it steady. Either way having a blast and super appreciate you doing things like this TK! It is too Awesome and makes the game a lot more fun.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

I cannot comlain, if this be performance based, this team hasn't one it yet.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Im clearly ranked on reputation alone, cause I've been entirely mediocre
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Wow really surprised by my spot I was just hoping for a top 15 ranking when I opened the link. This is really cool brings another bit of fun to the league , never thought I'd have this much fun . I think a lot of movement is to come though when the few new GMs really get started. Great work TK I'm certain we all appreciate the hard work you put in.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Mavs are the 3rd worst team in DASL history, yet he is ranked #18? All about set up... Mavs have Anderson and Vaught, 2 very promising players for the future. Oh, and 6 firsts over the next 3 years. If ownage plays his cards right, he could be back in business in just 2-3 seasons. But ownage will need some good offseasons, which will include FA, an area where they haven't been very successful in lately.

Ownage had a huge draft this year, turned the #4 pick into #13, #26 and '91 76ers pick which the Knicks has an option on to swap with their own making it not worth a whole lot. They ended up get Vaught at which has been a great pick, but the big move was turning the #26 into the Knicks '91 pick rendering the swap invalid as he know owns both in turn making the 76ers pick hugely valuable as seen by there huge decline this year. Amazing job done by Ownage!
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
1st year I had no idea what I was doing but I am starting to get a grip on what I want to do moving forward. The picks I own this year with what Pudge said above will be crucial to have I fare in years to come. In FA I try to get players too cheap and it ends up backfiring on me.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Respect for putting that together. No. 4 feels about right
eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

21.... I don't think I've been that bad.
SUPERSONICS GM
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

eddy_zamora wrote:21.... I don't think I've been that bad.
I agree , Eddy has made some questionable moves but I think he should be a bit higher.