Also absolutely possible.duckfan22 wrote:I agree. I gotta think Mario has his coach. Just going through the motions to finalize.DuckMastaFunk wrote:Another possibility is Puka has already heard from us, knows the new WR coach and they've let him know it will be announced Monday.GrantDuck wrote:Mario still no WR might have blown this one...we'll see. Maybe he was UW anyway.
It makes zero sense for him to delay signing on Wednesday then sign on Sunday with the exact same information he had Wednesday. I'm sure he's heard something from our coaches - something he likes or hates - but if he was indeed waiting for us, he's heard something.
Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
I realized that as soon as I posted, but even better. I get to see if we’re getting Puka before me Sunday bedtime.Anatinae wrote:And they're in SLC, so 9:45 PM PST.GoDucksTroll wrote:The host said on Twitter that its 10:45 PM.
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
on dt there a headline about who Puka following on twitter, but I don't have the Vip. Does anybody know who he's following?
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Didn’t read it on DT, but a husky fan on twitter mentioned puka started following oregon commits.thomas time wrote:on dt there a headline about who Puka following on twitter, but I don't have the Vip. Does anybody know who he's following?
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)

-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
-
rsbgduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
- Location: Roseburg, OR
- Contact:
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
HomeSickDuck wrote:Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
I did a little search, and read a few things she posted......UW Ruth=psychotic, like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest kinda crazy wack job.JMHO
GO DUCKS!!!
-
SuperDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 4652
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Or he's doing it to avoid conflicting with church time(s). THAT would cause a backlash in Utah regardless of what school he chooses.greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
John 3:36
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Recent follows =Sean Dollars, Jonah T, Andrew Faoliu, Dallas Warmack, Jeff Eason. Also Oregon targets Juwan Johnson and Buckley-Shelton.
Jonah T’s mom had a positive tweet on Friday.
I’m feeling good about this whole thing really.
Jonah T’s mom had a positive tweet on Friday.
I’m feeling good about this whole thing really.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
No offense, but that sounded pretty conspiracy theory-y.greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Perhaps it wasn’t his decision at all and he’s just taking the slot the TV station is offering.
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1413
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Word is mom wants him in Utah. We know how that's likely to end.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
I know she is. Just sharing what I read, but I don’t agree with it.rsbgduck wrote:HomeSickDuck wrote:Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
I did a little search, and read a few things she posted......UW Ruth=psychotic, like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest kinda crazy wack job.JMHO
GO DUCKS!!!
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Looking more like Oregon is out of it for Nacua, mainly due to not having a WR coach in place.

-
RebelDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
If true then let’s hope for Utah or USC and not Washington
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
It's a bummer but nailing the WR coach hire is more important than any single recruit. I trust Cristobal was moving at the timeline he considers best for the program, and if that cost us our shot at Nacua, so be it.