Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by GrantDuck »

duckfan22 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Mario still no WR might have blown this one...we'll see. Maybe he was UW anyway.
Another possibility is Puka has already heard from us, knows the new WR coach and they've let him know it will be announced Monday.

It makes zero sense for him to delay signing on Wednesday then sign on Sunday with the exact same information he had Wednesday. I'm sure he's heard something from our coaches - something he likes or hates - but if he was indeed waiting for us, he's heard something.
I agree. I gotta think Mario has his coach. Just going through the motions to finalize.
Also absolutely possible.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Anatinae wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:The host said on Twitter that its 10:45 PM.
And they're in SLC, so 9:45 PM PST.
I realized that as soon as I posted, but even better. I get to see if we’re getting Puka before me Sunday bedtime.
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by thomas time »

on dt there a headline about who Puka following on twitter, but I don't have the Vip. Does anybody know who he's following?
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by HomeSickDuck »

thomas time wrote:on dt there a headline about who Puka following on twitter, but I don't have the Vip. Does anybody know who he's following?
Didn’t read it on DT, but a husky fan on twitter mentioned puka started following oregon commits.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by greenyellow »

I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Image
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by HomeSickDuck »

greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by rsbgduck »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.

I did a little search, and read a few things she posted......UW Ruth=psychotic, like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest kinda crazy wack job.JMHO

GO DUCKS!!!
SuperDuck
Senior
Posts: 4652
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by SuperDuck »

greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Or he's doing it to avoid conflicting with church time(s). THAT would cause a backlash in Utah regardless of what school he chooses.
John 3:36
TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by TyranT »

Recent follows =Sean Dollars, Jonah T, Andrew Faoliu, Dallas Warmack, Jeff Eason. Also Oregon targets Juwan Johnson and Buckley-Shelton.
Jonah T’s mom had a positive tweet on Friday.
I’m feeling good about this whole thing really.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
No offense, but that sounded pretty conspiracy theory-y.

Perhaps it wasn’t his decision at all and he’s just taking the slot the TV station is offering.
droop10
Freshman
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by droop10 »

Word is mom wants him in Utah. We know how that's likely to end.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by HomeSickDuck »

rsbgduck wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.

I did a little search, and read a few things she posted......UW Ruth=psychotic, like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest kinda crazy wack job.JMHO

GO DUCKS!!!
I know she is. Just sharing what I read, but I don’t agree with it.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by greenyellow »

Looking more like Oregon is out of it for Nacua, mainly due to not having a WR coach in place.
Image
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by RebelDuck »

If true then let’s hope for Utah or USC and not Washington
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Post by Tray Dub »

It's a bummer but nailing the WR coach hire is more important than any single recruit. I trust Cristobal was moving at the timeline he considers best for the program, and if that cost us our shot at Nacua, so be it.
Post Reply