100%

Total votes: 17
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

GM Rankings - DASL 2

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GM Rankings based off of my opinion, taking into account skill, performance, and activity.

Format: #Current ranking (#Previous ranking)

UOducksTK1 previous rankings from DASL 1: https://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=23739

LEVEL 1 GMs
#1 (NR) Craig - Phoenix Suns GM
Craig has made a splash. He was unranked the last time I did my GM rankings because he wasn't even a GM yet. But now, he's 2 for 2 in the finals. It may be risked to shoot Craig straight up to the top, however, we will get a better look at craig as his team continues to age and decline. A rebuild is likely inevitable, so we will see how quickly he can get his team back on top once that happens.

#2 (#24) dennocj - Indiana Pacers GM
A huge jump up, but not surprise. Dennocj showed great composure when he first joined the league during my last ranking. As I said last rankings, be patient. And in time, dennocj has turned the Pacers into a powerhouse, boasting 3 final appearances in just 3 years. However, he's being tested with a 3-15 team and without his pick this year. Like craig, we will get a better feel for these guys once they are tested with some adversity.

#3 (#1) dd10snoop28 - New Jersey Nets GM
The previous reigning champ. Known for his unorthodox ways of winning. This league is no exception, led by a center who outplays his attributes and having a PG who averages 4ppg less than 3.5apg (despite playing 30mpg). Although they haven't made it to the finals yet, to win 20 playoff games with his squad is beyond exceptional. Skill-wise, dd10 is still the goat.

#4 (#16) Skyhooker - Philadelphia 76ers GM
Moses has skyhooker high on these rankings. Previously a middle of the road GM, now a GM enjoying a lot of success. Although she doesn't have the rings like the Pacers/Suns to show it, she also has a better near term future than the other two teams.

LEVEL 2 GMs
#5 (NR) the goat - Los Angeles Lakers GM
In the last couple years, the goat has been enjoying some sweet success, including a title. However, this didn't just happen overnight, the lakers GM was hard at work making a bunch of trades and moves to make this happen. Credit him for what has be done.

#6 (NR) Cellar-door - Charlotte Hornets GM
This might be my most stretch pick. But there is a significant drop after the first four GMs. So while you may disagree with the 6th choice, you have to admit there's little gap between 5-13. Hornets have had a lot of regular season success and quietly have 24 playoff wins. One of only 3 teams to make the playoffs all 5 seasons. Cellar-door has a lot to still prove, but a solid start to the league.

#7 (#15) bellsduck - Utah Jazz GM
#8 in first rankings, #15 in second, now #7. Bellsduck is similar to cellar-door. Very, very solid teams on paper, but not enjoying as much success as some other teams. You can blame the simulator all you want, but making those extra moves is what separates other GMs. Bellsduck whole FBB career has been solid, but not a whole lot of big time success. Perhaps things may change soon, perhaps not. But #7 is the highest bells ever been. Time will tell.

#8 (NR) Briezy - Cleveland Cavaliers GM
A similar situation to the Lakers. Kind of a no-name team for the first few seasons, but some rebuilding and a top pick and the Cavaliers are perhaps the top team in the East. Briezy could easily be #5, but only one playoff win before last year makes me hesitant to put the Cavaliers GM higher.

LEVEL 3 GMs
#9 (NR) nh333 - San Antonio Spurs GM
Honestly, I don't know much about nh333, and after doing my research I didn't realize the Spurs have the 5th most playoff wins in DASL2 all time. I'll have to pay attention to his moves closer to get a better assessment in the future. But as of now, the less known name cracks the top 10.

#10 (#4) Zyme - New York Knicks GM
Zyme has taken a little bit of a dip since last season. Honestly, I think the quality of GMs has improved in this league compare to the last DASL one. Zyme also the top 3 GMs in the East to deal with. Zyme has been steady and has put together competitive teams for a few seasons.

#11 (NR) UOducksTK1- Boston Celtics GM
A little high? Perhaps. One of only 9 GMs to have over a .500 winning percentage in the playoff. And even though it feels like they have been rebuilding for years and years, they are only 13 wins from being .500 of all-time. One thing UOducksTK1 does is win or lose. He doesn't waste a lot of time in between. However, he has been struggling to rebuild effectively, so depending on how that goes we may see a dip next time.

#12 (NR) vincent1469 - Seattle SuperSonics GM
Like nh333, this is another GM I don't know a lot about. But they have a Sonics team that is competing. I think they are still a move or two away from being true competitors.

#13 (#19) jibbajabba614 - Milwaukee Bucks GM
A good couple seasons with Swen Nater, but Bucks are back to the drawing board. Not too different of a situation than the Celtics. Amazing still above a 50% win percentage, however that will change soon with their current squad. We'll see if Celtics or Bucks can be back to competing sooner.

LEVEL 4 GMs
#14 (#27) Chipper - Golden State Warriors GM
Can put together a playoff team, however, the Warriors have never been a serious threat towards a title. And I don't see their current roster doing that anytime soon. Warriors are a little in limbo, being too good to rebuild, but not good enough to be a top team. We'll see what chip does.

#15 (#26) nray30 - Los Angeles Clippers GM
Nray, like Chipper, has made a good jump from the last league. But he's entering rebuild mode desiring more. He put together a team that won 17 playoffs games, however, the Clippers have been title-less in both DASL leagues so far. Nray is trying to flip that switch as he starts rebuilding.

#16 (#2) lukeyrid13 - Portland Trailblazers GM
In all reality, lukey is probably a top 10 GM still. However, based on just his performance in only DASL2, he'd have to agree with me that he's not. On paper, his team looks like one of the best in the west. Yet, they haven't managed to put together a full run. Thankfully for him, Jordan and Sampson have a lot of years left to be played, so he's well setup to do some damage. Ranked #16 with a lot of room to move up.

#17 (NR) offtheheezy - Vancouver Grizzlies GM
I like the moves he's been making to make the Grizzlies relevant again. Although they have the least wins in the league, that is almost certainly going to change this season. This may be a slightly high ranking, but offtheheezy is trending in the right direction.

#18 (#10) FlDuckFan - Orlando Magic GM
Pretty consistently producing solid teams, and this year only affirms that. FlDuckFan has been around for a while now, and like bellsduck (but perhaps more so) has not tapped into the full potential of his GM skills. Fl might be very slightly below bellsduck in skill, but principally they are similar. They have another solid team this year, but I'm afraid that the Magic will stay about average and may never be great. Though, the potential is there.

#19 (NR) The Bean Regime - Minnesota Timberwolves
A .500 team so far in DASL2. Nothing really has caught my attention so far with the Timberwolves. The Bean Regime has shown he can put together a playoffs team 3 years. But, he is 10-14 without his first this year, so I think we are going to see the Timberwolves tested for the next few years. I'm curious to see what he can do in a though spot.

#20 (#8) Oregon Ownage - Dallas Mavericks GM
Like lukeyrid, I know Ownage is better than 20th. However, he has had a little bad luck and hasn't been able to muster a team that's ready to compete. After retooling a little bit, he's got some young pieces including Patrick Ewing that should have the Mavs as a playoff team this season and the in the near future.

#21 (NR) verysilentone - Miami Heat GM
A good first season for the Heat, and now are looking to have another good season this year. Outside of that, the Heat have been bad. Not to diminish the work verysilentone has done, he certainly hit the lottery with signing Joe Barry Carroll. I'm eager to move him higher in the rankings, but let's see what he can make of the signing and build around JBC. Until then, I'm comfortable keeping him lower in the rankings.

LEVEL 5 GMs
#22 (#14) DrBradBuss - Detroit Pistons GM
There's some good GMs down in level 5. DrBradBuss, Marzeial, and Boom. The one thing that is seperating DrBradBuss from the other two is he's trending in the correct direction. I see the Pistons being one of the best teams in the league soon if the right moves are made. Malone and Magic are gonna be a fun duo.

#23 (#13) Marzeial - Atlanta Hawks GM
Hawks and Rockets may be the biggest surprises for me so far in this league. Both Marz and Boom are solid GMs. Marzeial has Bowie to build around, but not a whole lot else. Schrempf and Mullin are big name guys but may not pan out on paper. He's doing the right things, but I don't see the Hawks being competitive for a while. And I don't have much faith in their youth. Give Marzeial time though, he's proven he can compete with the big boys.

#24 (NR) JayGreen - Chicago Bulls GM
JayGreen just hasn't showed us a whole lot yet. A few playoff wins, but otherwise not really a competitive team. They have Isiah Thomas as the center piece and are setup well to hit the FA market. There's hope for the Bulls.

#25 (#20) catch 922 - Washington Bullets GM
No playoff wins for catch. He almost seems content being mediocre. I feel like catch can do better than what we've seen so far. They have all their picks and some nice front-court pieces, but we'll see if that amounts into playoff W's or not.

#26 (#3) Boom- Houston Rockets GM
Probably the most insane fall of all is Boom struggling to get a winning team. They have the 2nd worst win percentage in DASL2 (they will likely have the worst after this season). They have made the playoffs once and only won 1 game. Just yikes! But Boom isn't dumb. He has all his picks and is in a good position to either go up or down. This is likely a fluke, and I expect Boom to be in the middle of the pack the next time I do this.

#27 (#17) duckyoubeavers - Toronto Raptors GM
Newer GM so hard to give duckyoubeavers a high ranking. I think they are rebuilding? They won't have much cap space next year and they only have their first. So it may be a long, slo rebuild for the Raptors. I doubt we see them in the playoffs for at least a few years.

#28 (NR) Foxyg1396 - Denver Nuggets GM
Another new GM. So he sits on the bottom. No bad moves so far, which is what you want to see in a GM who just joined.

#29 (NR) N/A - Sacramento Kings GM
Nobody yet.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GM Rankings - DASL 2

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Also, this is after only 5 seasons. So expect a lot of changes in the next 5.

offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Hey, I’ll take #17 after totaling around that amount of wins over the last two seasons. :lol:
vincent1469
Five Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics

Post by vincent1469 »

Yay not in Tier 5 after all my crappy trades lmaooo
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

I feel like the top tier gets too much credit :lol:

Pacers are on pace to give up back to back 1st pick, Sixers haven't found that second guy to help Moses in the playoffs (sorry Reggie), and the Suns look like they're gonna go quietly into the night. The Nets are fine, I guess.

Meanwhile, in Hollywood, we got stars, the best starting lineup, and the next 3 titles with our name on it 8-)
Lakers GM
Marzeial
Freshman
GM: Atlanta Hawks

Post by Marzeial »

Let's go Tier 5!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Honestly, I'd probably have myself lower. I rushed trying to win with MJ and Sampson when I should have kept tanking for another 1-2 years. Now I'm trying to force a winning team when I don't have a superstar in MJ just yet.

We will get there, but I have been very hasty and mediocre.
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

the goat wrote:I feel like the top tier gets too much credit :lol:

Pacers are on pace to give up back to back 1st pick, Sixers haven't found that second guy to help Moses in the playoffs (sorry Reggie), and the Suns look like they're gonna go quietly into the night. The Nets are fine, I guess.

Meanwhile, in Hollywood, we got stars, the best starting lineup, and the next 3 titles with our name on it 8-)
Seems like the rankings are based off wins and playoff success in the past 5 years, which makes sense why they are up there :lol:
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

ya, I expect a lot of shifting in this rankings in a few years.

GM's for cavs/sonics/grizz/lakers gonna sky-rocket while older teams gonna start dropping.

dennocj too high IMO. Didn't properly plan for Kareem's retirement and was left w/o his pick for 2 years.
Skyhooker
Junior
GM: Philadelphia 76ers

Post by Skyhooker »

Hmmm....I shouldn't complain about #4, but geesh, I was severly underrated in DASL #1. My team ended up with the 5th best winning percentage and that was after taking over a 76ers team that had a poor record the first few seasons if I remember correctly. And I went to 4 championships winning 2 of them.

Now my team has the best winning percentage overall through 5 seasons. Granted no rings.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Skyhooker wrote:Hmmm....I shouldn't complain about #4, but geesh, I was severly underrated in DASL #1. My team ended up with the 5th best winning percentage and that was after taking over a 76ers team that had a poor record the first few seasons if I remember correctly. And I went to 4 championships winning 2 of them.

Now my team has the best winning percentage overall through 5 seasons. Granted no rings.
I’m thinking his last rankings were probably a long time ago cause I left DASL 1 probably around 1999 season.
Skyhooker
Junior
GM: Philadelphia 76ers

Post by Skyhooker »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Skyhooker wrote:Hmmm....I shouldn't complain about #4, but geesh, I was severly underrated in DASL #1. My team ended up with the 5th best winning percentage and that was after taking over a 76ers team that had a poor record the first few seasons if I remember correctly. And I went to 4 championships winning 2 of them.

I’m thinking his last rankings were probably a long time ago cause I left DASL 1 probably around 1999 season.
Yeah, they probably were only a couple seasons into my take over of the 76ers.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Seems like more of a retrospective on team performance for 5 seasons than actual GM rankings. There's lots of 1.0 data to draw on for true rankings.
SUNS GM
Foxyg1396
Five Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Foxyg1396 »

Craig wrote:Seems like more of a retrospective on team performance for 5 seasons than actual GM rankings. There's lots of 1.0 data to draw on for true rankings.
I think that's a good way to put it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Craig wrote:Seems like more of a retrospective on team performance for 5 seasons than actual GM rankings. There's lots of 1.0 data to draw on for true rankings.
Purposefully wanted to rank people only on this league because half of the GMs that weren’t there would be ranked unfairly.

Performance/Winning was probably the most weighted factor so far. Also this is more of a setup for future GM rankings. So once more data comes in, it’ll pan out. Additionally, it’ll be fun to see how strongly things shift. I think a couple tier GMs could easily be tier 3 GMs in like 5-10 years. And some tier 5 GMs that could shoot ups to the top 10.